Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2016, 05:36 AM

Default license expired, money didn't get taken, no contact from Avid?

This is the second time this has happened to me now. My PT12 license has expired, and checking my bank statement shows no payment was taken this month. So it seems perhaps the funds weren't in the account, so the payment was rejected. I'm assuming this is what's happened, because I've had no communication from Avid on it whatsoever. Not even an email, and it's not like those are difficult to send. I've just had my subscription closed without warning.

If this happens, it would be nice to get an email from Avid saying "your payment was declined, please make a payment ASAP". Or even "your payment was declined, your subscription has been closed" so that at least I KNOW that this has happened. You know, like literally every other company on the planet who takes electronic payments.

But no.

I have to wait until I actually need to use the thing, and only then when I'm trying to use it do I find that I cannot, at which point it's far too late to put things right - work gets cancelled, and possibly lost permanently, this affecting a number of people and impacting the busy schedules of everyone involved, and all for the sake of sending an email saying "your payment didn't work".

The funny thing is, I do get emails when the payment is processed - one saying the payment has gone through, and then another one with an invoice attached. So it's not like there's no system in place to allow for automated communications regarding payments.

Yes I know the money should have been in the account in the first place, but mistakes happen, and the date the money gets taken on is unpredictable (it has been on a different date every month). Failing to notify the customer of a failure in this regard is not a mistake though, it is gross negligence in customer service.