Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2013, 05:35 PM

Default PT LE 8, Win 7 64bit with FaderPort Issues

After setting up my FaderPort controller I get the following error in ProTools..."Pro Tools is unable to communicate with the HUI. Power-cycle HUI and check its connections. Note, if HUI is not in use, update the Peripherals dialog to prevent further warnings". The motorized fader and track buttons were not operational on the FaderPort.

I have updated all software and firmware for the FaderPort and made sure to properly set up the Peripheral as suggested by the manufacturer (PreSonus).

After talking to a tech. at Presonus today we were able to get the FaderPort to demonstrate that it was indeed working by setting it up with their Studio One product.

Presonus tech support said that Avid has issues with the HUI Protocol in ProTools 8 but a version of 7 was the last known version that worked properly.

I want to know if there is anyone out there who has experienced this problem and if so did you find a solution?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:44 AM

Default Re: PT LE 8, Win 7 64bit with FaderPort Issues

Sorry I can't offer a solution, but I can offer hope as mine is working fine in PT10 and 11 I have read that using the latest driver might be the issue and you should try to download a slightly older driver. Have you set the FP up in Pro Tools>Setup>Peripherals?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Default Re: PT LE 8, Win 7 64bit with FaderPort Issues

Thanks albee1952,

Ya, I set it up in the periph. dlog. Most of the buttons are functional (at least they are the ones I really need like the transport and undo controls) so I'll probably hold on to it. If at some point I update to PT 10 or 11 maybe it will all work. :)