Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) - getting error -6097

Hi - I've recently purchased the VSL Special Edition and am using the VSL as a RTAS plug-in. I've not been able to use the program though b/c I keep getting a Hardware Buffer size error (-6097). Pro Tools freezes after a couple of minutes and the error message pops up. I've maxed out my HW buffer size to 1024 samples and am using both cores (RTAS Processors: 2, which is my max) in my computer with 99% CPU usage.

Am I just out of luck with this software? I have 15 other Virtual Instruments on which there is absolutely no problem. Is there a work-around using another computer as a VSL "slave" to my MacBook Pro? Would it need to be a Mac? (I have a Dell PC that I used to use for PT work but after the switch to Mac, I'm just using it for gaming - so it it is available for use.) I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Equipment:
Pro Tools LE 7.4, with a 003 Rack Factory
MacBook Pro (2.33Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 3GB memory)
Tiger 10.4 with two external hard drives - one with 1TB and the other with 250GB - the VSL Special Edition content (other than installer, program, and Directory Manager) are on the 1TB external hard drive

Actions so far: Trashed the Preferences, increased/decreased CPU usage limit, decreased RTAS processors to 1 (from 2), increased/decreased HW buffer size

thanks, H.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidistonemail View Post
Hi - I've recently purchased the VSL Special Edition and am using the VSL as a RTAS plug-in.

Equipment:
Pro Tools LE 7.4, with a 003 Rack Factory
MacBook Pro (2.33Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 3GB memory)
Tiger 10.4 with two external hard drives - one with 1TB and the other with 250GB - the VSL Special Edition content (other than installer, program, and Directory Manager) are on the 1TB external hard drive

Actions so far: Trashed the Preferences, increased/decreased CPU usage limit, decreased RTAS processors to 1 (from 2), increased/decreased HW buffer size

thanks, H.
Hello.

I'm fairly new to PT, but I've started using Vienna SE, and things are loading and running very well so far.
My VI plugin shows up as RTAS also in PT. I've not done any special setups in VI SE, but I had to do the things you said, like go to 1 processor for Kontakt, and other things.

I'm using a Mac Pro with 6 gigs of memory, and an external Firewire 800 for all my samples. My operating system is OS X 10.5.3. I tried using 10.5.4, but odd things were going on with PT for me.

I made sure I have all the latest updates from Vienna, too.

It's a nice sounding plugin, so I hope you can get it going!

Dennis