Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Default MIDI ports (emulated), Yamaha O1V clock problem

Hi;

I can't get the midi out ports to function on my 002 in ProTools. I can get them to work fine in Sonar as well as any other software I've tried. Just won't work in ProTools LE. They say (emulated) after the output name. I've disabled or deleted all other midi drivers I can find. Is there something I'm missing??????

My O1V has serious clock issues with 002! I can plug an ADAT into the chain (O1V-ADAT-002) and the clicking is gone. As soon as I plug the O1V directly into 002 there are pops and snaps everywhere. I've upgraded the firmware on the O1V and the 002, still there....... Anybody heard of a compatability issue here????

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: MIDI ports (emulated), Yamaha O1V clock problem

How are you trying to use them in Pro Tools? The 002 ports are emulated ports. The only Digidesign ports which have kernel streaming drivers (non emulated) are on the MIDI IO.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: MIDI ports (emulated), Yamaha O1V clock problem

Oh..... OK....

I assumed having (emulated) on the end of the port name was the reason I don't have any midi action on output. I have midi input, and can record midi, but there is no output. The output seems to be set up properly, and I have it assigned, but there is no data getting out the output and no mdid action on the 002 front panel (there is action on the input light whenever I play anything on the keyboard, and it records and displays perfectly in ProTools, but nothing when playing back).

I have the outputs assigned, and the instrument definitions assigned to outputs in the midi setup window. I don't know what I'm doing wrong......

It all works fine in Sonar so I know the driver is installed properly.

Thanks for your response!