Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Default Bought: Used Eleven Rack... No Pro Tools LE

I bought a used 11R from Guitar Center, but it apparently didn't come with Pro Tools LE. I've been told that the Eleven Rack comes with it when bought new, so I was wondering if there someplace I can download it?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Bought: Used Eleven Rack... No Pro Tools LE

If it didn't come with it, there's not much you can do.

They should have told you that no software was included. If they didn't, you may want to return it.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the quick reply NST7.
They were up front about about the missing software, but for $299, I thought it was too good a deal to pass up.
I also figured that since the LE version is usually part of the OEM bundle, that Avid might not have an issue with sending me a copy. What I hear you saying is that that's probably not the case.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msantarc View Post
Thanks for the quick reply NST7.
They were up front about about the missing software, but for $299, I thought it was too good a deal to pass up.
I also figured that since the LE version is usually part of the OEM bundle, that Avid might not have an issue with sending me a copy. What I hear you saying is that that's probably not the case.
No, Avid will not give you a license for Pro Tools if you bought a used unit and the seller did not include it. If you want PT8 LE, which is no longer receiving updates, I think you can get it from the Avid store for $199. You can probably find it cheaper on eBay. Or you can buy the latest version of Pro Tools - Pro Tools 10 for $499 - $599

Or take back the used rack and buy a new unit that includes PT10, a new iLok, 4 free plugins and the ERXP for $650 - $699

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 AM

@Benoni, Yeah, I'm beginning to see that the "Deal" that I found isn't such a deal after all. Where have you seen it for $650? The best I can find is $670.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msantarc View Post
@Benoni, Yeah, I'm beginning to see that the "Deal" that I found isn't such a deal after all. Where have you seen it for $650? The best I can find is $670.
$299 is a great deal if you already have Pro Tools, or you don't want to use Pro Tools and hence the on-screen editor. But if you want to use PT and the on-screen editor and you want the version of PT to be supported, then its best to get a new unit. Plus with a new unit you have a warranty.

It was $650 at B&H, I don't know what it is now. Its $699 at Sweetwater and American Musical Supply.

Something you could do (that I actually did) is go to Music123.com - go to the 11R page and click the "Seen a better price? We'll BEAT it" tab. Music123 will BEAT any price by 5% or 10% I forget which. Then just type in the information from what ever site you want to refer to - AMS, Sweetwater, BH, and they will email you an offer that should be lower than anywhere else.

THEN if they happen to have any coupon codes try using one of them at checkout, sometimes they let you stack a coupon on an offer, sometimes they don't, but its worth it to try. Right now the code is SLEIGH15 which is for 15% off your order over $25 (restrictions apply)

So best case scenario if they beat the $699 price, it should put the offer around $630 - then if the 15% offer works that should get you in around $536 - basic shipping should be free.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio