Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 01-28-2022, 08:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: More Carbon Sync Issues...Must Get Solved...

We are still actively working on this one, so cannot commit to a release yet. It's is marked as a critical issue for us to resolve though.
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!
Old 03-17-2022, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
We are still actively working on this one, so cannot commit to a release yet. It's is marked as a critical issue for us to resolve though.

What is the status of this problem? Does it still exist? I’m having timing problems on some sessions and I wonder if it’s related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2022, 10:22 AM

I can confirm that this issue actually has nothing to do with Carbon as it's the Hybrid Engine itself. I have a Carbon and I've experienced all of these issues as well. I used a HDX system with HD i/o's at a studio last night, turned on the hybrid engine for presumably the first time (the assistant said) to use my dsp record chain template cutting vocals. Sure enough when I played back a track that was just recorded on a dsp enabled record track it was way out of sync. So there you have it. I use all the work arounds with mixed results but mainly dragging the clip down to an adjacent track when the artist is in the booth and wants to hear it cause man do they freak out when that thing plays back out of time.....
Old 03-21-2022, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the input. It’s pretty crazy that the “high end” systems have an issue like this. I have zero trust in my system right now. While tracking. Im constantly worried about timing issues.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovnD313 View Post
I can confirm that this issue actually has nothing to do with Carbon as it's the Hybrid Engine itself. I have a Carbon and I've experienced all of these issues as well. I used a HDX system with HD i/o's at a studio last night, turned on the hybrid engine for presumably the first time (the assistant said) to use my dsp record chain template cutting vocals. Sure enough when I played back a track that was just recorded on a dsp enabled record track it was way out of sync. So there you have it. I use all the work arounds with mixed results but mainly dragging the clip down to an adjacent track when the artist is in the booth and wants to hear it cause man do they freak out when that thing plays back out of time.....
Ouch. I've also noticed something where importing Atmos ADMs exported from Pro Tools back into Pro Tools have objects out of time with the beds, but I'm still trying to figure out where the problem is. Also using the Hybrid Engine on HDX. Maybe I need to reprint everything with the Hybrid Engine off...
Old 03-23-2022, 06:23 AM

I also noticed another strange thing. I recorded drums yesterday. All ok but then on playback I noticed the snare obviously out of phase and very thin sounding…definitely not the way it was while tracking.

I turned off hybrid mode and it went back to in phase.

I turned hybrid mode back on and it stayed in phase.

Strange and very frustrating bugs!

Old 03-23-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
I also noticed another strange thing. I recorded drums yesterday. All ok but then on playback I noticed the snare obviously out of phase and very thin sounding…definitely not the way it was while tracking.

I turned off hybrid mode and it went back to in phase.

I turned hybrid mode back on and it stayed in phase.

Strange and very frustrating bugs!

This sounds remarkably like the issue I was having in another thread I posted about Autotune hybrid having weird latency issues when enabled record and dsp modes. Glad its not just me. Sounds like a hybrid engine issue for sure.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418456
Old 03-26-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightamrock View Post
This sounds remarkably like the issue I was having in another thread I posted about Autotune hybrid having weird latency issues when enabled record and dsp modes. Glad its not just me. Sounds like a hybrid engine issue for sure.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418456

Yeah there’s definitely some bugs. I hope they get it sorted. I’m beginning to think I made the wrong choice going with the carbon.

My system before a Lynx interface was rock solid.

I was hoping the hybrid engine would help my workflow but so far it’s proven too unreliable to be comfortable.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
Thanks for the input. It’s pretty crazy that the “high end” systems have an issue like this. I have zero trust in my system right now. While tracking. Im constantly worried about timing issues.

Yes, this exactly!
Old 03-29-2022, 06:18 PM

No what is crazy is that this made it through BETA testing without this showing up. It showed up within a day or so of me buying one. I ended up selling it.

TH