Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Trent Reznors latest \"pioneering\" stunt

This post is a little off of the Protools beat and path, in comparison to last one about Trent, that surfaced around here a few weeks ago. Perhaps some of you may still find it interesting though.

This comes from the apple.com startpage:

Trent Reznor’s GarageBand Release
“Trent Reznor just did one of the coolest things an artist could do,” writes C.K. Sample, III, for tuaw.com, “and he did so in a specifically Apple-centric way. He released Nine Inch Nails’ new single, The Hand That Feeds, as a 70MB stuffed DMG file containing the entire song in GarageBand format with a note from Trent himself.”

Here is the link to the full story:
http://www.tuaw.com/2005/04/15/trent-reznor-rules/

Cool for the fans, great publicity, may come back to bite him in the *****.

Your thoughts?

System:
PT HD v8.0.1cs2/PT 9 HD3 Accel, 96 I/O, 96i I/O, Control |24, Midi I/O, Sync I/O

http://myspace.com/ronk
http://ron-k.net/studio.html
http://facebook.com/ron.k.music
Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Trent Reznors latest \"pioneering\" stunt

Similar has been done before, but he appears to be the first do it with such a wide spread tool and for free. . .I doubt it will bite him. . . I'm sure many fans would love to be able to fool around with a song from an artist they admire and make it their own so-to-speak. Certainly a sign of things to come. . . hey we'll be doing stereo, surround as well as stub mixes for home mixing enthusiasts. I see mention of it, and a link, on the apple.com main page. I am sure Steve Jobs is smiling.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:13 AM

Quote:
I am sure Steve Jobs is smiling.
Absolutely! What better way to get people to buy the upgrade to GarageBand ver. 2. You didn't really think that Trent was just being nice, did you?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:06 AM

Quote:
What better way to get people to buy the upgrade to GarageBand ver. 2.
Incidentally, it does work in Garageband 1.1.
It's well worth having a look at this if you've never used your GB (Comes with all G5's...)
Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Similar has been done before, but he appears to be the first do it with such a wide spread tool and for free. . .I doubt it will bite him. . . I'm sure many fans would love to be able to fool around with a song from an artist they admire and make it their own so-to-speak. Certainly a sign of things to come. . . hey we'll be doing stereo, surround as well as stub mixes for home mixing enthusiasts. I see mention of it, and a link, on the apple.com main page. I am sure Steve Jobs is smiling.

Acidplanet

They have regular remix contests.
Many big names.