Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 11:16 AM

Default IK Bundle Registration Mess

Just received my Creative Toolkit Bundle yesterday.

Reason Adapted installed and registered without a hitch.

Ambleton Live installed with no registration required.

Moved along to the IK Bundle install which was successful.
Opened PT and went to apply Sampletank first... and got the registration window.
Followed the directions to a tee and went to the ST registration URL provided... but ST SE wasn't listed as a product choice.
ST LE was the only Sampletank choice possible.
Entered the Digital ID and ST serial number and received Authorization code via Email.
However, when entering it, I get an Invalid code error message.
All numbers have been checked and rechecked.
I simply can't register ST.

Moved along to TRacks EQ.
Got the Reg window and followed the instructions to the TRacks registration URL.
After entering ID and TR serial number, I am informed that the serial number is invalid.
Once again, all numbers checked and rechecked.
The site simply won't except the provided SN.
Hmmmmmm

Moved along to Amplitube.
This time, the Amplitube/PT registration window freezes and won't scroll down to display the Amplitube reg. URL.

In frustration, I click the "Demo" button to bypass registration and, for the first time in 16 months, PT freezes and spontaneously reboots my system.

Truth is, I shelled out the bucks specifically for the IK bundle so I'm a bit frustrated.
(Even if the registration process for these 3 plugs had gone smoothly, it's a cumbersome process to say the least.)

I will be in touch with IK tomorrow by phone to try and sort all this out, but was wondering how the install process had gone for others here and if there's any advice.

For what its worth, I've been using ST Free since it's release with zero problems.

XP Home... PT 5.3.1

Thanks for any input.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:16 PM

Default Re: IK Bundle Registration Mess

I saw your other post, and yes, I'm having exactly the same problem. I just upgraded to XP and 6.1 and this Production Suite.

My only concern is that I still have the free version of Sampletank on another hard drive and OS, and I wonder is this is causing some problems. I haven't physically removed the old hard drive yet but I would if that would solve the problem.

Does anyone know if IK's site is having problems this weekend? Isn't someone from IK around this site so we can find out what's up?

JMS40, please do post back what IK says.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:23 PM

Thanks for the response.

I removed ST Free before installing ST SE, so it appears, that's not our problem.

Interesting that you are using 6.1. I thought 5.3 might me my issue... but if you're having the same problem...

Amplitube is the real pisser for me. I'm afraid to even open it since it rebooted my "rock solid" system...

Jason IK... any suggestions?
Old 10-05-2003, 01:28 PM

I DONT LIKE MESSSSSS!
I purchased the IK mini bundle,live,and reason $99 offer for my digi 001(5.3.1). so i go install the IK disc, no problem, go to register at the ik amplitube site, but they claim that my digital id is WRONG!??
what do you mean its wrong? you gave me THIS id #

THis computer stuff is a pain in the balls
On top of this finally found out why digi never sent me the 6.1 up-grade-they had me down as a mac user....?????....pc budy!
Anyone call the IK phone support #?

Old 10-05-2003, 02:27 PM

SAME DEAL WITH T-RACKS EQ.
sould the sample tank plug-in be on my plug-in list?, becuse its not there

Old 10-05-2003, 04:20 PM

Detuned6:

You can only install the Production Suite on PTLE 6.1, it won't work on 5.3.1 if you didn't know.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until you get 6.1

BTW: I just bought 6.1 less than a week ago. The store said they had just received their first shipment the day before (and only 25 copies). I believe Digidesign announced it would be a while before supplies made it through, but they announced 6.1 the beginning of July and it's now three months later before dealers get copies.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Detuned6:

You can only install the Production Suite on PTLE 6.1, it won't work on 5.3.1 if you didn't know.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until you get 6.1

i didnt know that it only works for 6.1. That kinda bums me out beacuse i have heard about the 6.1 bugs, that "bounce to disk" bug-that turns me off, thats why i am still running 5.3.1. But if these IK plugins need 6.1- then i am waiting on digidesign for my upgrade.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:07 PM

I have all 3 IK Multimedia plugs working with 5.3.1. Amplitude and Sampletank installed with no problems (although if i remember correctly, for Sampletank I received my authorization through the "Sampletank LE" option. When I tried to authorize T-Racks it said the Authorization and Serial # did not match the Digital ID, so i went back to their site and was able to receive another autorization code.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:57 PM

if you look closely at the serial numbers on the ik registration card there are O's and 0's. i was getting my alphabetical O and my zero's mixed up
Old 10-06-2003, 12:48 AM

I'm happy to say the IK bundle is registered and installed... and works well with 5.3.1.

A stupid mistake on my part compounded by IK's ominous registration process and a buggy installer.

As I said, last night I was able to register a ST serial number but the auth code didn't work. However, the email that brought the code included a link to an Updated ST installer.(Over 8mb)
Bingo. ST up and running like a charm...

It was then I realized that I had registered the MAC serial number...
I went through the process again and got ST registered and running stable.

Once I got the updated version of ST installed, T-Racks and Amplitube installed easily.

I'll take the blame for my mistake.
Still, the IK process is a series of hoops to jump through with digital ID's, serial numbers, authorization codes, site passwords... times three.

I like the T-Racks EQ so far. Very nice sounding presets, too.

I'm already a fan of ST, now I've got a few more sounds to play with.

Amplitube won't get much use on my acoustic stuff, but I'll play with it on bass.

Anyway, thanks for all the input.