Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2011, 10:15 AM

I ran into this with the latest v8 update. I called Waves Tech Support. They took a look into my (dedicated - Waves only) iLok and determined that there were a few redundant legacy Waves authorizations left behind by previous updates. As a solution, Waves TS created a special iLok Authorizer which, once downloaded to the dongle, purged the redundant codes.

This worked flawlessly and I was then able to install the complete Mercury v8.0.4 authorizations on my original (v1) iLok.

Another virtual tip of the hat to Waves' outstanding Tech Support staff.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Number of licenses to download exceeds available space on selected iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR View Post
.had to transfer 8.0.2 to the iLok 1 then update the iLok 2.
Hi,

How did this work? i thought you could only download the 8.0.3 update into an ilok that already had 8.0.2 installed?

So you now have 8.0.2 on ilok 1 and 8.0.3 on the new ilok 2

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Number of licenses to download exceeds available space on selected iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post

This worked flawlessly and I was then able to install the complete Mercury v8.0.4 authorizations on my original (v1) iLok.

IHTH.
8.0.4?

Anyway if Waves support were that outstanding why did they just tell me go and buy a new ilok @£40 as apposed to finding a workaround like your situation? There must be a way to get all waves licenses onto a V1 ilok otherwise half the industry is going to be up s**t street.

Or what they could do is issue me with a separate OneKnob license and i can download that onto another ilok

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Just ran into this problem myself trying to update to the latest version of Mercury (Mercury is the only thing on this iLok). Guess I'll have to contact Waves tomorrow.

I really don't want to update to the new iLok. I've heard lots of horror stories of them failing for people. I can't put up with that.

Again, iLok, the bane of our existence. Raises my blood pressure just to think about those folks. No one singular thing has caused me so much stress and irritation over the time I've been running a DAW.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Blaske View Post
Just ran into this problem myself trying to update to the latest version of Mercury (Mercury is the only thing on this iLok). Guess I'll have to contact Waves tomorrow.

I really don't want to update to the new iLok. I've heard lots of horror stories of them failing for people. I can't put up with that.

Again, iLok, the bane of our existence. Raises my blood pressure just to think about those folks. No one singular thing has caused me so much stress and irritation over the time I've been running a DAW.

In places like this about all you will hear is folks having some issue or another.. but for every one that is complaining there are a whole lot more that are sailing along just fine.

I have three, (although I'm not quite sure how they multiplied so quickly.. lol), and have no issues. They're actually nicer than the big blue ones..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
In places like this about all you will hear is folks having some issue or another.. but for every one that is complaining there are a whole lot more that are sailing along just fine.

I have three, (although I'm not quite sure how they multiplied so quickly.. lol), and have no issues. They're actually nicer than the big blue ones..
I have two and they have been fine for me. No issues. I do have a v2 spare also. Just in case. And I agree they are much nicer than the old ones.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Well, Waves confirms that Mercury no longer fits on an original iLok. Tried to pick an iLok 2 up in town today, and no store has them in stock. There are none available at all in the entire Minneapolis/St. Paul area. That's very odd. I wonder if they've been recalled because of all the problems.

(And FWIW, the problems I've been hearing about were not things I saw on forums. They were problems experienced by people I actually know.)

Oh well, I guess I just have to hope for the best. We're prisoners of this faulty technology.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:32 PM

This wasn't about having to remove the old ones first. If you're TDM, and have Mercury plus Classics, the whole shebang is now over the limit of the original iLok. Each of those new 1-Knob things is an authorization.

I had to run get my iLok2 on Saturday just because I wanted to check those out.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 PM

First I had to transfer 8.0.2 Mercury+SC from my ilok 1 to my new ilok 2, then update 8.0.3 using the new ilok 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

How did this work? i thought you could only download the 8.0.3 update into an ilok that already had 8.0.2 installed?

So you now have 8.0.2 on ilok 1 and 8.0.3 on the new ilok 2

Chris
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
I ran into this with the latest v8 update. I called Waves Tech Support. They took a look into my (dedicated - Waves only) iLok and determined that there were a few redundant legacy Waves authorizations left behind by previous updates. As a solution, Waves TS created a special iLok Authorizer which, once downloaded to the dongle, purged the redundant codes.

IHTH.
+1 Had exactly the same.