Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-20-2022, 04:09 AM

Default How to know the 11R settings of an old recording

Hi - yeah that !

Is there a way to find out how my Eleven Rack was set up, in an old recording I made? Rig?

/T
Old 11-20-2022, 12:17 PM

Default Re: How to know the 11R settings of an old recording

If you don't have an old session, best bet is turning knobs. If you don't have the clean recording, you ALSO have to recreate the same guitar, strings, DI, and all the other FX.

Best bet was to back up sessions.

For example... do you hear a mid high boost? Then boost the mid highs....
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 11-20-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
If you don't have an old session, best bet is turning knobs. If you don't have the clean recording, you ALSO have to recreate the same guitar, strings, DI, and all the other FX.

Best bet was to back up sessions.

For example... do you hear a mid high boost? Then boost the mid highs....
I do have an old session. Should have said that. But still I dont know how to get the settings of the 11r from there.
Old 11-20-2022, 07:18 PM

If the plug-ins are different versions, do you have both installed?

If you can literally physically see the old settings in the old plugs in the old session (might need to install an old version of Pro Tools too???), then you can most realistically use pencil and paper to jot down the settings.

"Recall sheets" are the old term for what was replaced by "saved plug-in settings".
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 11-21-2022, 12:18 PM

I'm assuming that you are talking about restoring settings to the 11 Rack hardware from an old session. This is possible if it was recorded properly. Clips that contain embedded 11 Rack settings from the rack unit should have a little 'E' icon in the upper right corner. If you select that clip and right click on it, there should be a menu entry that says 'load guitar rig settings'. Choosing that menu item will send the embedded settings back to your 11 Rack, allowing you to recreate the rig.

System Details
Old 11-21-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
I'm assuming that you are talking about restoring settings to the 11 Rack hardware from an old session. This is possible if it was recorded properly. Clips that contain embedded 11 Rack settings from the rack unit should have a little 'E' icon in the upper right corner. If you select that clip and right click on it, there should be a menu entry that says 'load guitar rig settings'. Choosing that menu item will send the embedded settings back to your 11 Rack, allowing you to recreate the rig.
Haha Thank YOU J-gear !!

That was exactly what I was hoping for. I successfully got it back and I even started up the 11R editor to check it up.

The 11R editor actually works like a dream here on W10 PT2022.10. It runs under W8 compatibility settings.

..." a little E " ... Poetry from J-gear

Thx again.

/Tomas