Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 03-30-2023, 02:35 PM

Default MEM. LOC. window wishlist...

For me, in audio post: I place a marker (90% of the time with the person's name) and in the COMMENT section a description of, for example, what the person is wearing (the NAME slot is too small).

I don't always have the luxury of having the person's name in the clip and in a feature doc...it can have many people interviewed.

Would be nice to be able to remove the "locations with zoom, with pre/post roll, etc.." columns and just see marker name+comment (or whatever...just please let us choose how this window should look).

Would also be nice to be able to resize the NAME box, while on the topic..

thanks
Old 03-30-2023, 11:50 PM

Default Re: MEM. LOC. window wishlist...

I suspect the scripting library + some unforeseen tools + maybe JavaScript apps made to conjoin with the scripting library, including SoundFlow, but likely others eventually.... will allow for brand new 3rd party UI elements, like plug-ins, that won't just be like an EQ or a pitch shifter, but offer some kind of plug-in like visualization and interactive UX and dialogs, etc, which will patch up via the scripting SDK to UI and features in PT.

Whereas, currently plug-ins work inside PT on the audio going into them. There aren't as many, or they are currently emerging, software solutions for adding on functionality for automation, but I imagine a good use of them doing things like you're asking here. New windows but kind of just the same old information.

I could imagine a "regular" PT Marker lane being full of all sorts of strange code, but when using a MEM. LOC. Window Magician applet, you'd see multiple lanes and your own tags and comments and colours, etc.

Hey y'all scripters and proggers tuning in, take the above intellectual property and do whatever. GO!
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //