Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM

Default Pro tools keeps using Eleven rack instead of digi002.. among other weird probs..

Hi.. absolutely at random, when I boot up my system...and load pro tools.. it ignores my digi002 and uses the eleven as the control..

I then have to reboot a series of random times in order for it to pick the digi002..

I have to have the Eleven on during pro tools bootup in order for it to load the eleven RACK in pro tools... so waiting till after PT loads to turn eleven on doesn't seem to be an option.

Lastly .. on the Eleven rack...in order for it to embed rig settings, I have to go into User Options every single session and tell it to get rig settings from the inputs.. is there not a way to just make this setting stick so I don't have to do this every session every song every time?

Thanks!!
S
Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 PM

And holding down the N key during PT startup does not let you pick the interface?

Darryl
Old 07-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Pro tools keeps using Eleven rack instead of digi002.. among other weird probs..

nice tip..thank you.. just tried it and that seems to work.. strange because it just always defaulted to the 002 until today..

any clue about the user options> rig settings ? Is there a way to do that so it saves the setting ....right now I'm having to set that every single session..and it seems it should just be able to do it automatically.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Pro tools keeps using Eleven rack instead of digi002.. among other weird probs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by awritersparadise View Post
any clue about the user options> rig settings ? Is there a way to do that so it saves the setting ....right now I'm having to set that every single session..and it seems it should just be able to do it automatically.
Do you mean every time you start Pro Tools you need to reset the "Embed Settings From...". If you leave Pro Tools running and close the current session and open another one do the embedding setting changes? Do you mean each time you open Pro Tools you need to reset this (but opening a new session from within Pro Tools does not change this setting).

I do not know for sure where this is saved, I assume in the Pro Tools prefs. Its obviously not a real Eleven Rack option setting (e.g. not stored in the Eleven Rack) and its not specific to the rig or a Pro Tools session. I've never had a problem saving this so not ever had to try to debug what is going on. You might want to try trashing prefs and seeing if the behavior changes (if you dont' know how to trash/delete prefs see http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888).

Some other guesses...

If you don't switch/are forced to switch interfaces does this happen to you?

Do you have "session overwrites current I/O" set in the IO dialog (just a complete guess but try turning that off).

Darryl