Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 AM

Default growing a bit weary of my mc mix

i have an issue that is plaguing me. fader 5 essentially resists any movement from the surface. it moves when i bank. it follows automation, and it follows the fader in pro tools if i grab it and move it with a mouse. sometimes i can get it to work by force quitting eucon, or trashing preferences. so far, the only consistency is that i have to spend 30-45 minutes trying to get this thing to work every time i fire up my computer.

anyone else experience this? everything has been working fine on PT9 for the last few months, this started about two weeks ago. my mac pro is a closed system, nothing new installed.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 AM

Default Re: growing a bit weary of my mc mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by therecordinghouse View Post
i have an issue that is plaguing me. fader 5 essentially resists any movement from the surface. it moves when i bank. it follows automation, and it follows the fader in pro tools if i grab it and move it with a mouse. sometimes i can get it to work by force quitting eucon, or trashing preferences. so far, the only consistency is that i have to spend 30-45 minutes trying to get this thing to work every time i fire up my computer.

anyone else experience this? everything has been working fine on PT9 for the last few months, this started about two weeks ago. my mac pro is a closed system, nothing new installed.
They only allow movement when they detect a small current in your finger, the same way the oled display shows the value when you touch the fader. I bet that mechanism is broken.. maybe support will fix it
Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 AM

Angry Re: growing a bit weary of my mc mix

Ive had a bunch of McControls and McMix units. I finally have ONE McMix that works and one that has two bad faders right out of the box. Dealt with the Euphonix - AVID guys for MONTHS on this and they just couldnt get it right. Heck they couldnt even get the shipping department to pack these things so that they would survive handling from a shipper!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Avid

Quote:

This sounds like a defective fader - you should contact support to arrange for a repair or replacement.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Could iTunes be causing issues? I usually have iTunes open at the same time as Pro Tools. I switch back and forth for reference. I have been keeping iTunes closed for the last two days and the issues seem to have disappeared.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Avid

Are you using your control surface to control iTunes at all? If not, you may want to try 'locking' it to Pro Tools in the EuCon Settings panel, as that may help and allow you to have iTunes open.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM

not using it to control iTunes. (didn't know you could). i will try locking it and see if the issues remain.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:39 AM

locking does not solve the problem. seemed to work fine all weekend, then this morning its happening again.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:32 AM

I've had problems in the past with iWeb shutting down EUcon, but always the EUcon communication generally and never one single fader and the rest are working.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Avid

Quote:
locking does not solve the problem. seemed to work fine all weekend, then this morning its happening again.
I still think this is a defective fader. Contact support via the Euphonix email support system to arrange for a repair.