Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Jared_TL Jared_TL is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 31
Default Three Transfuser questions...

1. How do you get the Transfuser sequencer to play when you hit play on the Pro Tools transport? For example, if I have a two bar loop in a Drum-Seq, I want it to just loop every two bars against the Pro Tools transport. In fact, I can't figure out how to get transfuser patterns to play back using anything other than the onscreen keyboards and transports in the Transfuser window.
2. I have imported stereo wave files into a seq using the "Drum kit and Drum Seq" option. I expected it to chop up the audio into drum hit samples - but instead it imports it as a single long file - triggered by a single note in the first note lane. When I import audio files from the Transfuser content the same way, it chops the loop up into pieces (I guess it's a loop - it previews that way). So how do you import audio that gets chopped up? Is that not how it works? Am I using the wrong file format? The manual says "Transfuser extracts the drum samples from the dropped audio as well as posssible." However, I haven't had a single loop (non-transfuser content) come in as something other than one big file.
3. How do you set it up with an Axiom (I have Axiom 25) so that it works like Phil Jackson has in his videos. In particular, setting up the pads to play back the samples and the transport on the Axiom to control the Transfuser transport.

Thanks,
Jared
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 AM
DigiTechSupt's Avatar
DigiTechSupt DigiTechSupt is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 33,800
Default Re: Three Transfuser questions...

This is all covered in the Transfuser Plug-In Guide.

Quote:
1. How do you get the Transfuser sequencer to play when you hit play on the Pro Tools transport? For example, if I have a two bar loop in a Drum-Seq, I want it to just loop every two bars against the Pro Tools transport. In fact, I can't figure out how to get transfuser patterns to play back using anything other than the onscreen keyboards and transports in the Transfuser window
Page 15 says "Starting the ProTools Transport does not necessarily start playback Transfuser. You need to send MIDI notes to Transfuser from (or thru) Pro Tools Instrument and MIDI tracks."

Quote:
2. I have imported stereo wave files into a seq using the "Drum kit and Drum Seq" option. I expected it to chop up the audio into drum hit samples - but instead it imports it as a single long file - triggered by a single note in the first note lane. When I import audio files from the Transfuser content the same way, it chops the loop up into pieces (I guess it's a loop - it previews that way). So how do you import audio that gets chopped up? Is that not how it works? Am I using the wrong file format? The manual says "Transfuser extracts the drum samples from the dropped audio as well as posssible." However, I haven't had a single loop (non-transfuser content) come in as something other than one big file.
When you are importing, where are you dragging and dropping from - your desktop, the regions bin in Pro Tools or elsewhere? When you drop the audio file, what options are you given for import into Transfuser and which one are you choosing?

Quote:
3. How do you set it up with an Axiom (I have Axiom 25) so that it works like Phil Jackson has in his videos. In particular, setting up the pads to play back the samples and the transport on the Axiom to control the Transfuser transport.
Covered in the Transfuser Plug-In Guide starting on page 27...


Page 27 goes into more detail on triggering and recording Transfuser.
__________________
Avid Audio Tech Support
Help us help you - read this before posting
Support FAQ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
installing Transfuser full on Transfuser trial wfasano Virtual Instruments 2 06-30-2009 03:14 AM
transfuser questions 001tony Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) 6 03-13-2009 06:31 PM
Transfuser Drum Pad Questions remute Virtual Instruments 1 01-27-2009 11:37 AM
need help with transfuser cpoulos13 Virtual Instruments 3 12-26-2008 05:13 PM
Questions about Transfuser...Bueller...Bueller... remute Virtual Instruments 0 07-13-2008 02:29 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com