Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 06:31 AM

Default 6.9 & AVoption|V10 Problem !!!!!!!!!!!

Protools 6.9 update and the AVoption|V10 dont work.
When running Protools exe file after all the plugins loading time and the DAE loaded.........
I get this message "Video Engine Failed to Initialise"
Please help!!!!!!
I did not see any problems mentioned in the Digi website when I was downloading it.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: 6.9 & AVoption|V10 Problem !!!!!!!!!!!

It appears as if the incorrect driver was located during the update. Here are the steps to reinstall the proper driver:

1. In the Device Manager, right-click on the V|10 hardware and select 'Uninstall'.
2. Right-click on the 'Sound, video and game controllers' header and select 'Scan for hardware changes' - it should relocate the V|10 hardware and the Found New Hardware Wizard will pop up.
3. On the first page, choose 'Install from a list or specific location' and click 'Next'
4. On the next page, choose 'Do not search, I will choose the driver to install' and click 'Next'.
5. On the next page, click on 'Have disk' and then browse to c://Program Files/Digidesign/Drivers and locate 'Flamethrower', then double click on it.

You may get a message about having not passed Windows logo test - click 'continue anyway'. You should then be able to restart and use your system as normal.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Avid

Default Re: 6.9 & AVoption|V10 Problem !!!!!!!!!!!

We recommend that you do not upgrade to Pro Tools 6.9 with the web updater if you are an AVoption|V10 user. The Media Station|PT 1.6 and Pro Tools 6.9 TDM CDs are being shipped to registered AVoption|V10 owners from Digidesign Customer Support on April 25, 2005. Media Station|PT 1.6 needs to be installed before installing Pro Tools 6.9 from the full Pro Tools 6.9 CD in order to ensure a smooth update of all software components.

To perform the upgrade, follow the instructions in the Avid Video Peripherals guide: http://akwww.digidesign.com/support/...eripherals.pdf

If you have already performed the upgrade and are having problems getting the video hardware to initialize, please contact Digidesign Tech Support to troubleshoot.

Jordan Glasgow
Digidesign Tech Support