Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-07-2016, 09:11 AM

Default Avid Artist Control custom plugin parameters

Hi y'all,

I have a Avid Artist Control in test over here right now. As far until now, everything is working fine and i'm happy with the options and controllability, but there's one thing i can't get my head over, witch is a custom plugin mapping.

I use Logic Pro X as DAW. If i insert a plugin (for instance Altiverb 7) the plugin parameters are some times all over the place or even not available. Especially Altiverb is the worst in this case.

I've heard Cubase/Nuendo has a option to change plugin mappings via Remote Control Editor, this should work with EUcon aswel i've read somewhere.
Does Logic have a similar option? Or is this possible in EUcon it self?

Hope you guys can help me out!
Old 08-07-2016, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Avid Artist Control custom plugin parameters

Can't tell you anything about Logic but the Cubase Remote Control Editor does indeed work with Eucon controllers and allows full customisation of plugin parameter layouts.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:54 PM

@J-S-Q

I've just found a solution, thanks to your keywords "customisations of plugin parameters"
After a google search with those keywords i found the solution. It's a bit more coding work then Cubase, but it works great after all!

Now i have only to find a solution for the plugin folder naming of EUcon..

If i want to insert a plugin, my folders (tags) of the Logic plugin manager shows up with first z00x ... Before the folder name ie. Reverb

I have this with the Protools | Control app aswell, so it is something between Eucon and Logic and not specific Artist related.

Hope someone has a solution for this one! This should make the Artist Control just awasome to work with!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2016, 10:43 PM

So how did you do that?
Old 08-07-2016, 11:06 PM

Actually quite simpel and straight forward. Here's a little manual how i did this.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/vi...hp?f=9&t=54956

i've made a default CBparametersOrder.plist file with a totaal of 100 parameters (strings) in it, named 0 to 100. Most plugins parameters will fit in this 100 parameters. If there are more then 100 plugin parameters, just create some more parameters (strings)

Logic uses the lists order, so if parameter 100 (string) is on top of the list, you will see parameter 100 appear as you first parameter on you Artist Control or whatever controller you are using.

The list will look something like this:

<string>1 Predelay</string>
<string>2 Room Size</string>
<string>3 Initial Delay</string>
<string>4 Reverb Time</string>
<string>5 Density</string>
etc. ect. etc. etc.....

The naming won't affect your plugin parameter names. This is just for recognition in your file it self and does nothing. Mines are all named "init"

Hope this will help you get on with it
Old 08-08-2016, 11:52 AM

Cool thanks! Will have a look
Old 08-08-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijn1311 View Post
@J-S-Q

I've just found a solution, thanks to your keywords "customisations of plugin parameters"
After a google search with those keywords i found the solution. It's a bit more coding work then Cubase, but it works great after all!
I'm glad to accidentally be of help! :)