Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2004, 06:15 PM

Default DIGI002R EDITING

ok I had a delta 1010 with cool edit pro and I had most of the waves plugins and I could record unlimited tracks in 24/96khz with no problems what so ever, It never crashed never slowed down it was really a beatiful program , but it had two problems.One , the name was super tacky , how can you expect any one to take you seriously and want to record with you if you had to mumble "uh...I use...cool edit pro".Second It wasnt compatible with bigger studio's , so I had to spend alot of time making all the tracks in sessions start from zero.and when you have 40 to 50 tracks in asong thats no small task (and yeah and the third is it didnt have the grids) but other than that it was perfect, I was an expert at it , I didnt have to listen to the mix because I know exactly how it was gonna sound...Now enter DIGI002 the rack.........I have to have protools open and armed for record to hear anything from my guitar amp or keybaord or mpc, everytime I overlap two wave blocks in the same track it cuts the sound of the first one when it plays the second, and I keep getting a bounce error when I try to use just one of the RTA's.My computer is not slow , I think it may need more ram , but I have the top of the line pc right now 3.06ghz processor , 512 stick of ram, asus mother board I have 240 gb of internalg hard drive space and I use windows xp professional service pack 2. I erased and formatted my audio drive to digidesigns specifications , I setup my computer to their specifications, I followed step by step in the manual and in the new book for protools, some one please just help me with these easy simple questions..........

1. Can I overlapp two waves in the same block with out it cutting the tail off of the first one and how?

2. Is there a way to monitor your inputs through DIGI002 Rack without having protools launched and how?

3. Is there an upgrade for 002 to have unlimited tracks? and what is it called?(no dumbass comments either!)

And now because I am not a greedy man , I give to you secrets of recording professionals from my area!
there once was a band known as creed and believe it or not they werent panzee's back when there first album came out it was one of the better rock albums out at the time...anyways regardless of how bad they suck now , you still cant deny how great their guitars sound...
heres the good stuff..... the guitarist is actually plugged in to a direct box , which is plugged into a mesa boogie half stack and a marshall half stack and close miked in a small room about 10x12x8 , carpetted floor random objects in the room.then they are also put through T-racks RTA plugin on A TDM setup and recorded that way straight in , sounds really good, you can even try that with two lost cost amps combining them , by a splice cable or adapters from walmart or radioshack and try it out , also works on pod's and other guitar modeling pedals..

Please answer my questions.. thanks
Old 02-23-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: DIGI002R EDITING

MY EMaIL IS [email protected] please help....
Old 02-23-2004, 08:40 PM

I'll do my best to answer your question, though I don't have the 002R, so I'm going on what I know about my 001 system for your #2 question.

First, you can't overlap audio on a single track and not cut the first part off. I would just put the second part on another track on use fades.

Second, I know that you can monitor on a 001 system without launching PT, so I'm assuming that you can do it on an 002 system as well. I just don't know how.

Third, there is no way to upgrade to unlimited tracks. 32 is all you get. You'll have to create submixes and then bounce them to a single track if you're going to use more than 32 tracks.

Sorry, as I'm sure that these are probably not the answers that you had hoped to get!

Good luck,
Paul

Digi 001, PT LE 6.1.1 - Screw 6.4!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:50 PM

thanks paul , I am seriously considering taking this thing back , now...I had 128 tracks of 24/96khz and I am an expert at it , what would you do....I just wish the program I use had a grid on it..
Old 02-23-2004, 09:00 PM

I am seriously considering taking this thing back ,

anything in the software filed is NON returnable

just to let you know