Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2022, 07:15 AM

Default Can't get Aux i/o to stream from Logic. Anyone else?

Just testing the latest Pro Tools with my M1 home setup (specs in signature) & trying out the great new aux i/o feature, testing out apps on my system

Safari - works as expected, & sample rate converts to 96k on the fly
Garageband - works as expected, & sample rate converts to 96k on the fly
Guitar pro 7 - works as expected, & sample rate converts to 96k on the fly

Reason 11.3.9 - Doesn't like 96k

Logic 10.7.4 - I can't get to use Aux i/o at all. I select it in Logic's usual audio prefs settings, & it merrily just plays though my interface in the background ignoring Pro Tools.

Anyone else having luck?

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 10-31-2022, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Can't get Aux i/o to stream from Logic. Anyone else?

<bump>

No one else try this yet? I'm trying to work out if it's a Logic problem, A Pro Tools Problem, or my setup.

Cheers

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

Old 10-31-2022, 06:11 AM
Avid

Make sure Logic and Pro Tools are set to the same Sample Rate. I have a very similar setup to your B rig and just validated all of this is working fine. Please see the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/829hd...cxppfafpgya0tv

Let us know.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 11-01-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Make sure Logic and Pro Tools are set to the same Sample Rate. I have a very similar setup to your B rig and just validated all of this is working fine. Please see the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/829hd...cxppfafpgya0tv

Let us know.

best,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for replying. Right I've done more testing & just can't get it to work on my system.

Ive created two project, one at 44.1k & one at 48k..& have included a Logic file with each.

These are just single track project with a Logic 'Drummer' trying to stream into Pro Tools.

I've set it up identically to the way you have shown on dropbox.

On my setup, I can hear sound from Logic, but it goes straight to the speakers, rather than via PT's Aux as it should. As mentioned before. If I launch Garageband instead of logic, it behaves 100% as expected with Aux i/o

This is a link to the sessions here. Would be great if you can take a look & tell me if its pilot error, or something else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec1aaf1gt...1FmNsWyna?dl=0

Cheers

Old 11-01-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Hi Jeff, thanks for replying. Right I've done more testing & just can't get it to work on my system.

Ive created two project, one at 44.1k & one at 48k..& have included a Logic file with each.

These are just single track project with a Logic 'Drummer' trying to stream into Pro Tools.

I've set it up identically to the way you have shown on dropbox.

On my setup, I can hear sound from Logic, but it goes straight to the speakers, rather than via PT's Aux as it should. As mentioned before. If I launch Garageband instead of logic, it behaves 100% as expected with Aux i/o

This is a link to the sessions here. Would be great if you can take a look & tell me if its pilot error, or something else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ec1aaf1gt...1FmNsWyna?dl=0

Cheers
Ok update, if I use inputs 3/4 rather than 1/2 of the bridge it now works (see screengrab)...when using bridge inout 1/2, the behaviour is as reported before..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Logic Into Pro Tools.jpg (31.9 KB, 0 views)

Old 11-02-2022, 05:31 AM
Avid

I'll take a look - but this doesn't make much sense ->
On my setup, I can hear sound from Logic, but it goes straight to the speakers...

If the Audio output in Logic is assigned to a virtual destination like PTAB - how can it be hitting the speakers? Also please indicate your playback engine in Pro Tools. I presume it is a Focusriute 2i2. Thanks.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 11-02-2022, 06:22 PM

I can also stream fine from Logic (Logic audio out settings set to "PT audio audio bridge 2-B") into an armed Pro Tools audio track "Pro Tools audio bridge 2-B" (and of course PT output set to my monitors for hearing playback). Plays back/records fine unless I'm confused what you're doing versus what I'm doing. Mileage varies -I'm doing this on M1 mini/16 ram UA twin x but haven't tried on my Avid, Focusrite, interfaces, etc. Good luck though I can relate -frustrating when there's problems.

len b