Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2022, 11:27 AM

Default Re: macOS Ventura 13.0 - Anyone tried it (or a beta)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjosalazar View Post
I have a major problem with Ventura on MacBook Pro 13" M1, Multi Tool does not work well, I think Mac keep changing the cursor to the standard pointer, so it become very dfficult to grab the correct tool at the edges of the clips.
Also, external USB key licenses like Waves and Plugin Alliance do not work.
Same.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
After a week of craziness, I am finally getting to open my Monday delivers Mac Studio ULTRA today or tomorrow and install my system and files from my Late 2013 Mac Pro.
G
Have fun Mr. Gregory! Let us know how the transition goes and how PT works for you on your new Ultra!

cMP 2 x 3,46, 128GB Ram
Monterey 12.7.4
Metric Halo 3d 2882 I/O
Lucid 88192 with Blue Sky 5.1 monitoring
10gbE ethernet with True Nas storage
Old 11-18-2022, 02:43 PM

Installed Ventura on my MBP Mid 2012 using OCLP to test it out and so far it seems to work. I recorded 32 tracks as a test but one thing I noticed were the waveforms were missing on some tracks that were out of view when I scrolled them into view there was nothing there, when I hit stop they all appeared like they should so maybe a graphic glitch have to try some more tests. But overall my now 10 year old MBP seems pretty solid with Ventura. My main system is Catalina which is the last supported OS. Having an Ethernet port for Dante and not having to use a dongle is great, the old girl keeps on going.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control
Old 11-18-2022, 03:40 PM

Has anyone gotten Ventura to see the HD Driver? It installs with no security warnings, the system is set for reduced security and I see the DigiDal.kext file in Mac HD > Library > Extensions but PT won't recognize it. I've used the
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext command with no luck.

Probably has to be written for Ventura but just curious.

Using a MacBook Pro 14" M1 Max, 32g ram with HDX and an Avid/Sonnet TB3 chassis. All works in Monterey.
Old 11-18-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjosalazar View Post
I have a major problem with Ventura on MacBook Pro 13" M1, Multi Tool does not work well, I think Mac keep changing the cursor to the standard pointer, so it become very dfficult to grab the correct tool at the edges of the clips.
Also, external USB key licenses like Waves and Plugin Alliance do not work.
I'm having the same cursor issue
Old 11-19-2022, 12:05 AM

Big problems here. I'll be brief. I created a volume on my internal ssd that was blank, installed Ventura as a bootable test drive to see how Pro Tools and everything would work out. Things seemed to be ok until one day when I booted my system and one of my external SSD drives did not mount. I got the "this disk is not recognizable" or whatever it says from the finder. I tried everything to get it back, but it just would not be seen by the mac os. I put the SSD into a different external case and connected it to my MacBook pro, same thing, disk not recognized. OK, reformatted the drive and restored it (because I am good at backing up). A side note here, this was a brand new 4TB Samsung 870 EVO, 2 weeks old. About a week later, I booted up my mac and WOW, I got the same message "disk not recognizable" message again. this time from a different SSD drive. This was a 2 TB SSD that was about 1.5 years old. Never had a problem with it. I went through the same diagnostics but to no avail. Reformatted the drive and restored everything, all is ok now. I have since stopped using Ventura and I will not use it again, even in testing mode.
I am not saying Ventura caused this, i don't know so i will not put the blame on Ventura. I am not going to put any amount of testing into this because I don't have the time or patience. I only wanted to bring my experience with Ventura to my fellow audio compatriots.
Good luck to you all, and please let me know if any of you have suffered the same fate.
Cheers
Jeff Jackman
Old 11-20-2022, 03:44 PM

All working just fine here. No issues with USB mounts, WAVES USB, iLok et etc.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 11-20-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
All working just fine here. No issues with USB mounts, WAVES USB, iLok et etc.
Have you tried opening and listening to all your plugins? Sometimes plugins from the same developer will react differently. I remember opening several Soundtoys plugs thinking all must be fine only to later find that one in particular had issues. This was years ago, not with Ventura.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Have you tried opening and listening to all your plugins? Sometimes plugins from the same developer will react differently. I remember opening several Soundtoys plugs thinking all must be fine only to later find that one in particular had issues. This was years ago, not with Ventura.
I'm not seeing any issues like that.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 11-24-2022, 08:40 AM

I've been running an M1 MacbookPro, 8gb ram OS 12.6.1, with PT 2022.10 with fantastic results. It actually seems like the last few updates have drastically increased CPU performance. 72 track sessions with around 300 plugins used to hit 50%, now it's 30%-38% on the same sessions! So, I'm not sure I want to update to Ace Ventura yet as this seems like a sweet spot right now!