Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Question Flip (Aux) on MC Mix - no flip on linked MC Control??? WHY?

My eucon euphoria gets down day by day.

after i must admit that i only can bank by 4! tracks i now realized that when i flip the mc mix (to have aux on the fader) my mc control won't flip the channels.

Com'on Avid. That can't be a "linked" system of those two controller!

Dose anybody now a solution? did i miss something?

And, dose anybody know how a second mc mix will react when i flip the channels. Will it flip with the first mc mix or have i to flip them by my self?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Flip (Aux) on MC Mix - no flip on linked MC Control??? WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstu View Post

after i must admit that i only can bank by 4! tracks i now realized that when i flip the mc mix (to have aux on the fader) my mc control won't flip the channels.

And, dose anybody know how a second mc mix will react when i flip the channels. Will it flip with the first mc mix or have i to flip them by my self?
the 2nd one flips with the first..
Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
thanks robertg...
more and more i think i'm gonna change my control against a second mix.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Same here. Both McMix flips together.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 12-29-2011, 02:13 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:

You don't need to bank if you have a McControl, use Layouts on softkeys to move by 8, 12, 16 or more (I "bank" by layouts of 20 faders).

The Flip doesn't work on the Control because the 8 knobs are meant to be used instead for plugin-editing. Also there is no screen above the faders to highlight the parameters.

I don't know really what your complaining about, it's the most programmable console around at "entry level" price. I can assign more than 10 layouts of 20 channels (2 mix and 1 control) on the Transport keypad numbers, that's 200 channels right under my fingers on the press of a single key. You can do the same on the touchscreen as well.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
You don't need to bank if you have a McControl, use Layouts on softkeys to move by 8, 12, 16 or more (I "bank" by layouts of 20 faders).
thanks for the advice xill.

it was my old workflow and for me it was not a step upward. after some days intensively working with the control i found out that i more and more did my shorts cuts and hand my hands on the mc mis than working with the touch screen.

I don't want to say with my first post that the control is a bad thing. it's a great unit and great for the money. probably it's just not the right one for my.

btw i love the mix more and more, it has all i need. i will order a second mix and sell the control.

so thanks all for your response.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
thanks for the advice xill.

it was my old workflow and for me it was not a step upward. after some days intensively working with the control i found out that i more and more did my shorts cuts and hand my hands on the mc mis than working with the touch screen.

I don't want to say with my first post that the control is a bad thing. it's a great unit and great for the money. probably it's just not the right one for my.

btw i love the mix more and more, it has all i need. i will order a second mix and sell the control.

so thanks all for your response.

Mostly I use the Control for the extra faders and very few touchscreen functions. I use the transport for banking and markers, my 2 McMix for plugins.

I don't use the touch screen much either because it's not precise (got a V1 and it's really awful), the text is cut off 66% of the time and the plugin parameters appear in the wrong order and cannot be reordered.

Also I wanted to use the Control Wheel for a different function than the Transport Wheel but that also doesn't work. Locking the console on Logic but leaving the Transport unlocked is also buggy, as the Wheel stop working.

Lots of little things they have to fix and it's taking longer than I thought it would take. Sorry for the rant, but some days I just have to complain; it's great stuff but still slightly buggy.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 AM

IMO the Control is overrated and the Transport is really, really underrated when it comes to speed in the workflow. Getting a Transport + extra Mix, is more value for the money then a Control IF you spend appr. 2 hours programming the Transport according to your preferred way of working and using shortcommands and markers...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 AM

Hi GW,

before i got the control i though the transport is not relay interesting for me. Now after selling the control i bought a second mix and thinking of the transport.

i saw a video about the transport and it seems more interesting to me.
how about the quality of the numeric pad? it looks not so good as the rest knobs of the whole series.

As i understand it right, you can program every soft knob to any parameter like the control...but also the numeric pad too?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 PM

The build quality IMO is better then on the other units, the keypad works fine. The wheels are not as useful yet as they might be (or possible are in videoeditidng - can´t really have an opinion there)... Unlike the Control it is sized after a mans paw... hahaha.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix