Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 05-11-2021, 10:56 AM

Default Show all pan types

I upgraded from PT11 to 2021. Am I losing my mind? Where did "Show all pan types" go?
Old 05-11-2021, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Show all pan types

I'm on 2020.11 and I just checked. All Pan Types appears as an option when choosing from the drop down automation lanes, but not from the view selector on the track tile. This both does and doesn't make sense. It makes sense that the drop down lanes need to be visible to show more than one parameter. But it adds an extra step to showing all the pan lanes. It would make sense to have this in the track view selector and have the drop down lanes open automatically when selecting it.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:05 PM

That's right. That's where it is. Thanks. The dark mode combined with the changing of some of the iconology takes a bot getting used to.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:16 PM

I guess the "restriction" to have all pan types only on the Automation Lane and not on the Track Lane is about the user interface.

The screenshot shows what happens to the Automation Lane for a 7.2.1 output with 10 sub-lanes on the single Automation Lane. Maybe projecting that on the Track Lane would a bit more messy regarding the elements on the Track Header.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All Pan Types.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 05-12-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
I guess the "restriction" to have all pan types only on the Automation Lane and not on the Track Lane is about the user interface.

The screenshot shows what happens to the Automation Lane for a 7.2.1 output with 10 sub-lanes on the single Automation Lane. Maybe projecting that on the Track Lane would a bit more messy regarding the elements on the Track Header.
I don't think the All Pan Types option every put all the lanes overlaid over the waveform. But what would be convenient would be for the All Pan Types option to appear in the view selector on the track, and when selected, it automatically opened the drop down lanes and showed all the pan type lanes. As of right now, it's a 2-step process to open the drop down lanes and then select All Pan Types. I can't remember if it worked like this in the past or not.