Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 05-11-2021, 09:28 AM

Default Mixing with DSP

So of course the first project I am doing with the Carbon is a full mix with no tracking or overdubs needed. Go figure. Just trying to figure out how to utilize the DSP. Looking at Amp modelers and Reverbs since they tend to use the most amount of processing.
Any one have any input on this
Old 05-11-2021, 10:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: Mixing with DSP

You can use the DSP for mixing. Just keep in mind that you can't mix Native and DSP plugins on the same track. So, what you'll want to do is use DSP plugins on Aux tracks as "processing tracks". So, you'd bus tracks running Native-only plugins to Aux tracks running DSP plugins. That make sense?
Berkeley, CA
Old 05-13-2021, 06:26 AM

Just trying to find a really nice algorithmic reverb that runs on DSP. Most of my mixes in the past couple of years have been fully Native so I have been relying on Relab and Lexicon reverbs. None of them seem to have AAX DSP. Was looking forward to try the new TC System 6000 plug-ins but again they are Native only.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
You can use the DSP for mixing. Just keep in mind that you can't mix Native and DSP plugins on the same track. So, what you'll want to do is use DSP plugins on Aux tracks as "processing tracks". So, you'd bus tracks running Native-only plugins to Aux tracks running DSP plugins. That make sense?
Good grief Kyle, I had no idea we could use Carbon DSP during the mix stage! This is wonderful news.....!I just automatically thought of it as a tracking only solution....thanks much...!
Old 05-23-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Just trying to find a really nice algorithmic reverb that runs on DSP. Most of my mixes in the past couple of years have been fully Native so I have been relying on Relab and Lexicon reverbs. None of them seem to have AAX DSP. Was looking forward to try the new TC System 6000 plug-ins but again they are Native only.
Sonnox Oxford Reveb and Avid Revibe would be good options for this.