Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 10-21-2022, 06:18 AM

Default Sell locked group older HD software with cards

Ive got an older working Pro Tools HD2-rig , which I have a potential buyer for, but he would like my HD-licence transferred to his account.
Currently I'm using a subscription of Pro Tools Studio with UA-hardware.
I have my old licenses on my iLok-key and want to sell at least one HD-license with the hardware.
I have a locked group of licenses up to PT HD 2016. (see pic)
Do I have to sell these as one group? Will it influence my subscription?

I believe the buyer is less worried about future upgrades & registering etc, just purely wants a working system, with the PTHD asset in his account, rather than on an orphaned iLok

is there anything technically to prevent me transferring the asset to another account? (support issues aside)

I read the transfer of ownership page, but there's nothing about 'locked groups' of licenses.

cheers
Hans
Old 10-21-2022, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Sell locked group older HD software with cards

Nothing attached to look at???

A locked group is a locked group. You cannot separate licenses from them, that's the whole point. You paid for one license which might cover multiple versions, not multiple separate licenses and you don't get to separate them out and sell them. And in addition to being locked they are likely non-transferable. Meaning you must to go though the Avid Transfer of ownership process.

Whatever you do with a perpetual license you own does not affect any other subscriptions.

You've read about the transfer of ownership process, know it exists, so pay the transfer fee and do the transfer.