How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2022, 08:21 AM

Default Dolby Atmos Production Suite - No License Received

Hello,

As a Pro Tools Ultimate with active Support Plan user, i noticed yesterday i had a special offer in my Avid.com account for Dolby Atmos Production Suite for 89€ so i jumped on it.
The order was confirmed and i received a confirmation email with a link for the program installer, but nothing regarding the license. I installed the product and of course it requires an iLok license. I received nothing about about license, no redeem code, no activation code, no link to enter my iLok username to get the ilok license transfered. The confirmation email doesn't have any code neither and i got no other email (checked spams of course). And the product 'Dolby Atmos Production Suite Full License' that appears in My Products of my Avid.com account doesn't show any code neither. So where is the license i just paid on Avid.com website?
Thanks
Old 10-11-2022, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos Production Suite - No License Received

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.martins View Post
Hello,

As a Pro Tools Ultimate with active Support Plan user, i noticed yesterday i had a special offer in my Avid.com account for Dolby Atmos Production Suite for 89€ so i jumped on it.
The order was confirmed and i received a confirmation email with a link for the program installer, but nothing regarding the license. I installed the product and of course it requires an iLok license. I received nothing about about license, no redeem code, no activation code, no link to enter my iLok username to get the ilok license transfered. The confirmation email doesn't have any code neither and i got no other email (checked spams of course). And the product 'Dolby Atmos Production Suite Full License' that appears in My Products of my Avid.com account doesn't show any code neither. So where is the license i just paid on Avid.com website?
Thanks

Did you look in your iLok account using iLok Manager?
if you have your iLok username tied to you Avid account it's likely the license was dropped in your iLok account.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Did you look in your iLok account using iLok Manager?
if you have your iLok username tied to you Avid account it's likely the license was dropped in your iLok account.
Yes of course i looked at my iLok licenses. But i have no iLok account linked in my Avid.com account. And it never asks for my iLok username or registered email address. And also when the Dolby Atmos Renderer starts and looks for iLok license, i connected to my iLok account and it cannot find any license available.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Yes of course i looked at my iLok licenses. But i have no iLok account linked in my Avid.com account. And it never asks for my iLok username or registered email address. And also when the Dolby Atmos Renderer starts and looks for iLok license, i connected to my iLok account and it cannot find any license available.
Since you don't have your iLok account associated with your Avid account you'll probably need to contact support for this. Unless someone on here is able to help you but you'll probably need to start a support case and have a case #
Old 10-11-2022, 08:46 AM

Already started a support case yesterday. They answered by giving me again the link to download the installer (!) and told to see with Dolby about license. This is a bad joke, Avid.com is the reseller of the product so it's up to Avid to send me the license. How could i contact Dolby about a product license i didn't received from the reseller?!? It's not about a license that is not working, it's about a license i didn't receive.
My case number is 04518449 by the way, if someone from Avid is willing to help me solve this issue..
Old 10-11-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Already started a support case yesterday. They answered by giving me again the link to download the installer (!) and told to see with Dolby about license. This is a bad joke, Avid.com is the reseller of the product so it's up to Avid to send me the license. How could i contact Dolby about a product license i didn't received from the reseller?!? It's not about a license that is not working, it's about a license i didn't receive.
My case number is 04518449 by the way, if someone from Avid is willing to help me solve this issue..
Dolby most likely distributes the license. This probably would have been automatic if you had your iLok account info in your Avid account. You have the purchase info from Avid so contacting Dolby support wouldn't be a lost cause.

Sorry for the troubles. Frustrating indeed. In the mean time if you need to use the DAPS there is a 90day trial period you can get until you sort this out.

https://customer.dolby.com/content-c...ng-suites-v373
Old 10-11-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Dolby most likely distributes the license. This probably would have been automatic if you had your iLok account info in your Avid account. You have the purchase info from Avid so contacting Dolby support wouldn't be a lost cause.

Sorry for the troubles. Frustrating indeed. In the mean time if you need to use the DAPS there is a 90day trial period you can get until you sort this out.

https://customer.dolby.com/content-c...ng-suites-v373
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately i already used DAPS trial and i have only one iLok account so i'm tied to when Avid will finally send me the license i bought.
About contacting Dolby i really don't know how they could manage an Avid store order. And there is no way to contact them directly on their website. The only support acces from Dolby is a forum...
Old 10-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Avid

Hi - Can you DM me your MyAvid email that you used to purchase or Order id so I can check this with our Avid Online store team? Thanks!