Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Default Trying to get back in the game

I have a perpetual license to Protools 12 which was crossgraded from protools express and I am finding difficulty in getting it reinstalled on my new imac 2021 with m1. I havent used ProTools since 2015 and am trying to get back into it. I am unable to use my download links in my avid account and any attempt at getting help forwards me to crossgrade to a new subscription service.

Is there a way to just simply install my ProTools 12 to my new computer or am I going to have to pay for a newer version?
Old 10-04-2021, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Trying to get back in the game

That version of PT is well and truly unsupported on current operating systems, let alone M1 Macs.

You should still be able to download whatever version you have access to. Are you saying you can access your account but not download v12 from your account?

Either way, even if you can, it more than likely won’t work. If it does, you’ll be running a very unsupported system. At this point, I’d either jump into the $99 subscription offer they’ve currently got running or buy a new perpetual license if you prefer that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2021, 06:42 PM

Yes I can access my account and view my download links but prompting a download is entirely unresponsive. Thank you for your response though, a subscription doesn't sound appealing to me currently as I am a bit "financially challenged" at the moment. But it is helpful to know that my version is unsupported and I will seek another solution. Thank you!
Old 10-04-2021, 09:07 PM

If the $99 year subscription offer is too much, I’d look at changing software. That’s the cheapest you’re ever likely to see Pro Tools.

Give Reaper a spin. It’s a great piece of software and the price is right.

Having said all that, you should still be able to download PT12. Might be worth sending an email to support and ask why you can’t access your download links.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
If the $99 year subscription offer is too much, I’d look at changing software. That’s the cheapest you’re ever likely to see Pro Tools.

Give Reaper a spin. It’s a great piece of software and the price is right.

Having said all that, you should still be able to download PT12. Might be worth sending an email to support and ask why you can’t access your download links.

This, or pick up a used iMac or Mac Mini that runs an OS that works with your PT 12 software

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave