Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-08-2021, 09:17 AM

Default Switching from Cloud authorization to local iLok authorization ??

By default, when launching ProTools, Protools will automatically authorize via the Cloud.

During a session, if the Internet goes down, Protool will lose authorization and go off-line. Thus, the session stops: Protools will no longer function.

I have tried re-launching Protools with my iLok inserted in the computer. But, since my Protools is tied to the cloud for authorization, it does not seem to check my local iLok for authorization.

Question: Is there a way to tell Protools to check for local iLok authorization first before searching the cloud for authorization? Otherwise, if the Internet is down and I have no Internet service to login to my Avid account to change authorization settings, how can I force Protools to use the authorization on my iLok???
Old 09-08-2021, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Switching from Cloud authorization to local iLok authorization ??

If you have an iLok USB Key, and an available USB port, you might as well use that. You can move your license(s) to your iLok using iLok License Manager. If your iLok Cloud is set to Automatic mode... Close Your Cloud Session then activate the license(s) to your iLok. If it's set to Managed mode you can simply drag your license(s) from your iLok Cloud to your iLok USB Key. Check these out...
Old 09-09-2021, 08:42 AM

My post has been moved. Where has it been moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
If you have an iLok USB Key, and an available USB port, you might as well use that. You can move your license(s) to your iLok using iLok License Manager. If your iLok Cloud is set to Automatic mode... Close Your Cloud Session then activate the license(s) to your iLok. If it's set to Managed mode you can simply drag your license(s) from your iLok Cloud to your iLok USB Key. Check these out...
Old 09-09-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherman View Post
My post has been moved. Where has it been moved to?
It's here. The topic of your thread was licensing so it was moved to the Licensing & Accounts subforum. When this is done a temp redirect is left in place. Sorry if this caused any concern!