Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM

Default markers in pro tools

im watching a tutorial video and it says that you hit the enter key when you want a marker, but the enter key is the "go back to start" key is it not??

www.myspace.com/yanncrusoe
Old 11-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: markers in pro tools

Are you using a laptop? If so I have no idea. On a standard keyboard the enter key is to the right of the number keypad.

Len
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 PM

On a laptop it's the enter key to the right of the space bar. OR hold down it's fn+return.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:21 AM

Thank you but the problem is that the enter keys function in pro tools is "rewind to start" but while using markers (according to my video tutorial) you hit the enter key also which brings the song back to the start. it doesnt give me a marker.
Does anyone know how to recitfy this?
thanx

Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Click in the spot wher you want the marker to be, which is at the top of you session in the area whre you will find your bar markers and tempo, just click there the hit enter the marker dialog window will open, then you just type the name you wnat to put there.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Click in the spot wher you want the marker to be, which is at the top of you session in the area whre you will find your bar markers and tempo, just click there the hit enter the marker dialog window will open, then you just type the name you wnat to put there.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Thank you but the problem is that the enter keys function in pro tools is "rewind to start" but while using markers (according to my video tutorial) you hit the enter key also which brings the song back to the start. it doesnt give me a marker.
Does anyone know how to recitfy this?
thanx
There's nothing to rectify. It doesn't matter what you're doing. If you press the enter key on the numeric keypad (or its laptop equivalent as I posted before), it will invoke the 'New Memory Location' dialog. The only exception is if you have 'autoname memory locations' enabled which will just create the marker when playing back, wherever the playback cursor is at the time.

Just make sure you're not confusing the 'enter' key for the 'return' key. 'Return' will take you to 0:00, 'enter' will invoke the new memory locations dialog.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM

thanx alot everyone.
i didnt realise there was an enter key and a return key!!
im using a german keyboard but im an english speaker so i just thought the enter key and return were the same!
some of the keys are abit weird, well different. i have an "alt" key, not option, on my mac plus many other different keys that im not used to.
ill play around til i find it!
thanx again

Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Simpson View Post
There's nothing to rectify. It doesn't matter what you're doing. If you press the enter key on the numeric keypad (or its laptop equivalent as I posted before), it will invoke the 'New Memory Location' dialog. The only exception is if you have 'autoname memory locations' enabled which will just create the marker when playing back, wherever the playback cursor is at the time.

Just make sure you're not confusing the 'enter' key for the 'return' key. 'Return' will take you to 0:00, 'enter' will invoke the new memory locations dialog.
this is not true. i have windows on my laptop and the enter button to the right of the numeric pad will only do exactly as my enter/return button does. i have tried fn+enter and it doesnt change anything. i cannot find the autoname memory locations option anywhere. i am using pro tools 11