Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2002, 01:10 PM

Default Can this system sync to SMPTE?

I'm considering buying the below noted system but wonder if it will sync to SMPTE....

thanks for any help you can offer, I'm new to ProTools

-------------------

2 822/20 I/O ProTools interfaces These rack-mountable interfaces are 8 channel digital audio interfaces with 20-bit a/d and 20-bit d/a converters, 24-bit mixing, editing, processing, and mastering with ProTools digidesign DSP FARM PCI board digidesign PCI D24 board Includes ProTools software version 4.2 complete with all manuals and disks The 882|20 I/O offers Pro Tools users a cost-effective, high-quality solution for adding multiple inputs and outputs to Pro Tools systems. With 20-bit D/A and A/D converters, 24-bit digital performance and an extremely low noise floor (in the +100 dB range), this unit will be right at home in professional and project studios alike. The eight analog I/O connections on the 882|20 I/O are balanced TRS 1/4" connectors and can be switched in software globally for +4 dBu or -10 dBV operation. Two channels of S/PDIF digital I/O provide the link to many consumer and professional DAT recorders, CD players and other devices. The S/PDIF ports can also be used to record, write and playback 24-bit audio files. 24-bit D24 card with DSP Farm card designed for use with the industry's most popular sequencing /digital recording software package for Power Macintosh systems. These cards are an affordable, economical solution for users who want to enjoy the outstanding, professional sound quality of Digidesign's Pro Tools|D24 TDM system without making a substantial investment in hardware. A Digidesign audio interface is required for use with the cards. Compatible audio interfaces include Digidesign's 882|20 I/O, 888|24 I/O, 888|16, 882|16 and ADAT Bridge, allowing users to select the input/output device that best meets their needs, applications and budgets. Two audio interfaces can be connected to the D24 and one to the DSP Farm card to support up to 24 channels of professional quality I/O. The card also permits the recording and playback of up to 32 tracks of digital audio (depending on the capabilities of the software used with the cards). The DSP Farm card works with many Digidesign and third party TDM plug-ins. This set comes with a copy of 4.2 software, and a TDM Cable. These cards are version REV B.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Avid

Default Re: Can this system sync to SMPTE?

This system (Pro Tools|24) has the potential to slave to SMPTE. However, you will need to obtain a sync peripheral (in addition to the above system) in order to make this happen. The Digidesign Universal Slave Driver (USD) or Digidesign SMPTE Slave Driver (SSD) are two such devices.

Brent