Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 08:40 PM

Default ik muitimedia

I've been trying to authorize my ikmuiltimedia bundle but can't seem to authorize when the registration form pops up, it asks for digital Id which is already printed on there, then serial num. then when I try to put the authorization num that I got on line into the last column it never seems to be right. I did notice that the last column on the pop up does not say authorization it says registration. can anyone help me out. I also can't seem to get them to call back.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Re: ik muitimedia

This will make you scream. They can't even figure out what THEY call it, registration or authorization. IKM has the worst anti-pirating process. I've never had a "registration" not work immediately except for IKM's stuff.

What really confused me was that when I bought Amplitude, they sent me three different emails with different serial numbers for T-Racks Suite. They said it was a mistake. And what eventually made the plug-in work was a number I had pasted many times before, and I know because I took a screen shot every time I did it in case I had to do it again (and in case it worked).

The fact that it was a number I had tried several times before made me think that the authorization didn't go through for several hours, because why would the same number not work, and not work and finally work?

When I could see the registration wasn't going to work right away, I went to the user area on their site and requested another auth code. You can get three free ones. I'm sure if you tell them there was a problem, they'll take care of that. Since I have three diff. serial numbers for the same product, I had to make sure that the serial number matched the authorization code since each serial number has it's own code. The new one I requested was the one that eventually worked.

Confused yet? It's the most arcane and pointless system. And the directions for using it are really confusing too. Somehow, Amplitube worked right away. It seems that if it's gonna work right away, it's ok, but if there's any kind of a problem, you're in for a rough ride. Did you send an email or did you call the Florida number? I think they called me back because I called them, not because I emailed them. Who the heck knows?

Try: (954) 846-9101
or: (954) 846-9866

I don't know why all plug-ins don't run on iLok. It's so easy to use, it's really great if you use your plugs on more than one computer, and it's really easy to transfer your licenses (for a fee). Message to IKM: Get serious.

Hope that helps, if for no other reason than knowing you're not alone.