Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2020, 10:18 PM

Default Re: No activation code for Melodyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbottomend View Post
...for some reason Pro Tools only had version 4.0 installed <snip> I think that I may have had an old "gift" version of Melodyne 4.0 installed, even so the PT installer didn't over-write with the latest version and the plugin updater didn't either.
We'll look into this since the PT 2020.11 installer includes Melodyne essential 5.1 (note that it will not update an older Melodyne plug-in).

Last edited by jeffro; 11-13-2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Corrected.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUElight AudioMedia View Post
...Pro Tools downloaded/installed Melodyne 4.2, not 5.1. So it's not working at all. Going to try the manual download method.
The PT 2020.11 installer has the Melodyne 5.1 plug-in. Possible the older version was already installed? If you haven't solved this yet, could you try deleting the Melodybe plugin, then run the PT 2020.11 installer again?
Old 11-12-2020, 11:44 PM

A side note that Celemony support is just so impressive. I stupidly forgot I had a user account already and was confused by their web form rejecting my email address when I was trying to create an account (not needed to activate the plugin... but anyhow I wanted to finish it properly). They responded in ~10 minutes to sort me out.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:59 AM

Hi jeffro, you responded to my post in the general Pro Tools update threat about the Melodyne issues. It is still not resolved.

It is beyond frustrating with this Melodyne installation because it won't install on my iMac, no matter how often I download and (re-)install the new Pro Tools. The Melodyne folder will not appear in the Application folder.
I had Melodyne in the past but deleted all older (expired) version to avoid any confusion.

However, if I install the new Pro Tools on my MacBook, it installs the Melodyne folder in the Applications folder. When I open Pro Tools and use the Audio to MIDI command I get the Dialog to activate. SO that is fine.

Now when I copy the Melodyne folder from the MacBook to the iMac (the only solution I have), I get an Installation Error. I guess Pro Tools puts some hidden receipt file somewhere on the drive during the installation so you can't freely copy the Melodyne app around. Understand, but this is again one of those restrictions that are against pirates but at the end makes the life of the honest user just nore difficult.

Any ideas?
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 11-13-2020, 11:06 AM

Just to clarify, existing Melodyne 4 license holders will need to pay to update their license to version 5 or else downgrade to Melodyne Essential to get this functionality?
Old 11-13-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
Hi jeffro, you responded to my post in the general Pro Tools update threat about the Melodyne issues. It is still not resolved.

It is beyond frustrating with this Melodyne installation because it won't install on my iMac, no matter how often I download and (re-)install the new Pro Tools. The Melodyne folder will not appear in the Application folder.
I had Melodyne in the past but deleted all older (expired) version to avoid any confusion.

However, if I install the new Pro Tools on my MacBook, it installs the Melodyne folder in the Applications folder. When I open Pro Tools and use the Audio to MIDI command I get the Dialog to activate. SO that is fine.

Now when I copy the Melodyne folder from the MacBook to the iMac (the only solution I have), I get an Installation Error. I guess Pro Tools puts some hidden receipt file somewhere on the drive during the installation so you can't freely copy the Melodyne app around. Understand, but this is again one of those restrictions that are against pirates but at the end makes the life of the honest user just nore difficult.

Any ideas?
Why are you seemingly only focused on the Melodyne folder in Applications? What exactly did you do to remove the old install? Did you just drag that folder to the trash? Did you run the uninstaller from that folder if there was one? If you did not run the uninstaller did you manually delete the plugin? It's the plugin that is the key part here.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Why are you seemingly only focused on the Melodyne folder in Applications? What exactly did you do to remove the old install? Did you just drag that folder to the trash? Did you run the uninstaller from that folder if there was one? If you did not run the uninstaller did you manually delete the plugin? It's the plugin that is the key part here.
I also cleaned any other obvious files in other directories.

But ...

Now it works. I used the Uninstall file that I copied over from my MacBook. Deleted the Pro Tools app from the Applications folder, restarted the computer, and installed Pro Tools once more. Tata. It created the Melodyne folder in the Applications folder and I was able to activate it.

Wished the Pro Tools help file would provide more warning of those obstacles that could arise, especially that people have already some of the Celemony stuff (current or outdated) on their computer running into similar problems.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
...Now it works. I used the Uninstall file that I copied over from my MacBook. Deleted the Pro Tools app from the Applications folder, restarted the computer, and installed Pro Tools once more...
Glad to hear you got it working. I updated https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ugin-licensing to cover the case where an older version is installed. The PT installer doesn't update an older plug-in since that could negatively impact users with an older full version of Melodyne (I'll correct my previous post). I'll also split this topic to a new thread.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Glad to hear you got it working. I updated https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ugin-licensing to cover the case where an older version is installed. The PT installer doesn't update an older plug-in since that could negatively impact users with an older full version of Melodyne (I'll correct my previous post). I'll also split this topic to a new thread.
Thanks, appreciate the quick response/action.
Old 12-27-2020, 02:47 AM

Hi,

I've just upgraded my PT license to the Ultimate Perpetual,
done a clean installation of OS then installed Pro Tool 2020.12.0.
When I try to use the function audio to midi it says that "... Melodyne is installed but not activated...)
so I activated it since it comes with PT 2020
put the serial no. and it seems it's everything ok!
it says Melodyne Essential is now activated on my Mac.
I restarted PT but it asks me again to activate Melodyne Essential although I've already done it twice.
What to do?
Thanks