Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2022, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Bounce help please....

Proves my point. Always be mindful of your routing. The less complicated, the better it usually sounds.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:41 PM

Hi Darryl, yes it is file/bounce. I originally had Bounce source as 'speakers 1-2' which was out put on tracks. I have tried to bus and use that as bounce source. I have tried off line and real- time. I am listening through my pc app 'groove music'. And yes am using automation. thanks for your help...
Old 01-04-2022, 09:47 PM

Thanks Sardi, I did try bussing, from the bus I sent my tracks to, I didnt see option to send to my master fader, and yes I'm sure its operator era, just something I haven't got quite right.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:51 PM

Thanks Dave, have checked this, there a no missing tracks, it just isn't bouncing the same mix as in my session.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:59 PM

Thanks for your help guys, driving me crazy, just want to write more stuff, anyone got suggestions on tutorials to help with routing ? there must be something I'm missing. I've been searching aunty google and you tube. I've had no problems in the past, has just come up with Native Instruments.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:01 AM

And I unticked mp3 box and just bouncing wave file
Old 01-05-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebluesnz View Post
it just isn't bouncing the same mix as in my session
First thing you need to understand is, you are bouncing a physical output or virtual output (buss). Whatever you hear on that on playback will be bounced exactly as it is, assuming your routing is correct.

Assuming you have just a basic setup where all tracks output to physical output 1-2 and you may also have some aux sends (reverb and such) routed to same physical output 1-2 whatever you hear on playback will be on bounce.

BUT...

If you have a so called mix buss (or 2-track) aux in between, route all your tracks to your mix buss, but forget that your reverb is still outputting straight to the physical outputs, you would hear that effect but bouncing your mix buss would not have it.

So as others have already suggested many times, check your routing. And keep is simple as long as you know what you are doing. It is a very simple mistake to do, and if you claim your bounce is not sounding same as playback it is 100% certain our problem is with routing, not bouncing.
Old 01-14-2022, 01:22 AM

Thanks for help Sardi, did a bounce with Wav only, is better, but in this instance the riser at the start is louder than the rest of the mix in pro tools, in pro tools, I have it lower than rest of track. I can adjust the mix but a bit frustrating its not the same mix as the Pro tools session.
get-mobdro.com/home/

Last edited by goldmariee9; 01-18-2022 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:30 AM

Hi, welcome to the community.

Of course you need to mix again because you are dealing with different mixers.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebluesnz View Post
Thanks for help Sardi, did a bounce with Wav only, is better, but in this instance the riser at the start is louder than the rest of the mix in pro tools, in pro tools, I have it lower than rest of track. I can adjust the mix but a bit frustrating its not the same mix as the Pro tools session. I'll attach track, was one I pitched for a current affairs/news type request.
https://soundcloud.com/user-121784991/hyper-tension
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmariee9 View Post
Thanks for help Sardi, did a bounce with Wav only, is better, but in this instance the riser at the start is louder than the rest of the mix in pro tools, in pro tools, I have it lower than rest of track. I can adjust the mix but a bit frustrating its not the same mix as the Pro tools session.
Are you the same person?