Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 04-26-2022, 04:26 PM

Default Eleven Editor install

I just installed Avid Eleven Editor and drivers on my Dell XPS 8930 yesterday and it destroyed my boot setup.
has anyone had this happen and if so what is the fix and can the solid state drive content be recovered or cloned?
thank you.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Eleven Editor install

Never had that happen. To attempt to recover your computer, you can try booting Windows in safe mode. If you can boot into safe mode, then uninstall both the driver and editor and see if you can boot normally.

Start Your PC In Safe Mode

System Details
Old 04-27-2022, 03:23 AM

Might be useful to know what version of Windows you are on and what version of the driver you installed.

You don't need to "recover" the disk just because it won't boot. You need to get it booting. Start with safe mode. Roll back driver installs etc. Ultimately stuck and cannot get it to boot and there is data on there you need then do a full clean Windows install on another drive, and read off your data on this drive. Lots of stuff out there about how to repair Windows installs, none is really specific or needs to be specific, to this software.

If you need to recover a drive that is more for a corrupted drive, the installers really are unlikely to do that.

And you have backups right? Tested and know that works? If not then when you hopefully get back running again, the first thing you need to do is set up a backup scheme, ideally saving to multiple locations, some in the cloud, some on external drives etc. ideally you want the redundancy of about three independent backups at any one time.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 04-27-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:40 PM

Thank you both for responding, I am hoping i can still recover drive and or content at least, but first need to get any action at all out the windows 10 or basic boot screen, currently I am working on that and then will definitely go into safe mode and uninstall.

Will let you know any positive steps to recover, thank you, Cheers