Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM

Default Problem with Strike 1.5-Pro tools 10 wants to move Strike.dpm to unused folder.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the forum so I apologize if i'm retreading old ground here but I searched and couldn't find my issue!

I just bought an Mbox pro bundle with Pro Tools 9 (now upgraded to PRO TOOLS 10) and received a few extra instrument plugins with the deal that Avid has at the moment (Velvet, Strike 1.5 etc) My main reason for upgrading was because I really wanted Strike! I DL'd from Avid and ran the install from the .dmg files and it said it installed successfully. However, when I launch Pro Tools it runs through the usual process and then a window pops up saying "Couldn't load following plug in due to ilok not being connect, no ilok authorisation or the plugin may be broken -Strike.dpm" I reinstalled strike and did as the install instructions say each time. It seems Pro Tools could locate the plug in but something was wrong.

I've searched around and I can't seem to find an answer or a thread that had anything like what I was experiencing.

any help would be awesome, I tried to contact the Avid online store because it was downloaded and supplied by them but they just forwarded me to other customer support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance guys

SYSTEM:
Apple Imac 2011
2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
1920 x 1080 resolution
4GB (two 2GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512MB

OS-X LION

Mbox 3 PRO with PRO TOOLS 10

Last edited by We live forever; 10-27-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: system info
Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Problem with Strike 1.5-Pro tools 10 wants to move Strike.dpm to unused folder.

This is a problem, let's see if we can get a solution. Did you uninstall Pro Tools 9.0.x? Did you install the latest iLok driver before running Pro Tools 10 Installer? Did you repair permissions?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Question Re: Problem with Strike 1.5-Pro tools 10 wants to move Strike.dpm to unused folder.

Did you download the Strike license to your iLok at ilok.com?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Problem with Strike 1.5-Pro tools 10 wants to move Strike.dpm to unused folder.

cheers for reply. I definitely downloaded the licences from Ilok. I even checked again to make sure.

after looking around I really couldn't make sense as to why it was happening as everything seemed to be in order.

would it be a different licence to use it with PT 10? I installed strike after the update to 10 because it took a long time to download as it kept stopping through Avid DL manager.

thanks again.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 PM

As far as I know all of my drivers are up to date. I downloaded everything and did it all at the same time. As far as "Repair Permissions" goes, I have not done that to my knowledge.

The thing is, all of the other licences that i got with the bundle work fine? I got the pack that you get if you purchase between August and December and Velvet and eleven are working fine.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Question Re: Problem with Strike 1.5-Pro tools 10 wants to move Strike.dpm to unused folder.

Checked your iLok and it does have a Strike 1.5 license on it.

Where did you download Strike from? Is it possibly an older version?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM

cheers,

I downloaded it from the links in my avid account. they were provided by Avid.
they are still there if you can check them?

thanks again.

EDIT: definitely STRIKE 1.5
Old 10-27-2011, 10:28 PM

Post Re: Problem with Strike 1.5-Pro tools 10 wants to move Strike.dpm to unused folder.

Got the same result after downloading the Strike installer from your account. I have the bundled PTIEP licenses on my iLok, which got me thinking of another thread I answered about the Pro Tools 10 installer having newer versions of the plug-ins. So I ran the PT10 installer again, and that solved the problem (updated Strike to 1.5.1.15293).

Please run your PT10 installer again and let us know the results.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM

Cheers JC,

I'll give it another go and post how it turns out.

For clarification, reinstalling the pro tools 10 upgrade will upgrade strike to 1.5.1 etc?

Cheers
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Pro Tools 10 will install updated versions of Strike and Transfuser. If you install either of these plugins from the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion pack *after* installing Pro Tools 10, you will need to re-install PT 10 again. Otherwise Pro Tools 10 will want to move them to the Unused folder.