Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 10-09-2022, 11:11 PM

Default cant get core function pointer

"cant get core function pointer" keep getting this error while launching protools, the plugin in question was izotope rx 9 , i have deleted izotope rx9 plugin entirely from the computer, as one of the reasons was an old plugin, re installed protools but still get this error on the same plugin while loading, this plugin does not exist on my computer , cannot launch protools because of this , seems to be an issue with the new protools update,
any help would be wonderful

Last edited by Prashant Dcruz; 10-09-2022 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:59 PM

Default Re: cant get core function pointer

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins

On MacOS? Look at the above location. Start at "Macintosh HD"
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-12-2022, 07:38 AM

Once the plug-in has been removed, you can try trashing your preferences
This will delete any old plug-in references and may help you get past the error.
You also may want to look into the new Pro Tool Intro version, which replaces First.

System Details
Old 10-13-2022, 12:38 AM

i figured this out, so basically i had deleted the plugins, i had deleted the preferences, uninstalled reinstalled the software , what i found out in the end was to delete the izotope rx from the HD/Library/application support/izotope . works flawlessly now , izotope rx 9 was an issue with the new protools update.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:32 AM

also happens to me with version 10 of Izotope Advance and PT2022.9 MAC on M1Pro

deleting the pluging seems to solve it but that isn't the solution as I cant use it ;-(. reinstalling does not work nor deleting prefs :-(

with kind regards

PM MASTERING STUDIO

http://www.pm-mastering-studio.com

SYSTEM 1 : Main recording - HDX MAC Pro 2023 M2 Ultra Running Sonoma 14.4
ProTools Ultimate 2024.3| 1xHDX Card | Mac Pro M2 Ultra 128Ram 2TB|3x PRE | 2x Avid 96 |1x Avid 192 I/O 16/16 Analogue | 1x Acid HD I/0 16/16 Analgue
Midi I/O | D-Command ES +16 fader Pack | Xmon | Eleven Rack + Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 Surround Adam S3H speaker System

System 2 : Project System - ProTools CARBON Running Sonoma 14.4
MacStudio M2 Ultra |64 GB RAM | ProTools 2024.3 Ultimate/Studio | SSL2+ | AVID S1+DOCK + ProTools|Carbon + ProTools|Carbon PRE
Old 05-24-2023, 10:58 AM

Hey all,

I am having this problem now and could really use some help.

My Pro Tools keeps crashing when trying to load: iZOzone10AAXHook

Does anyone know where I can find this file iZOzone10AAXHook?

I am getting the "Can't get core function pointer" error.

I am running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Mac mini 2018

Pro Tools Version: 2019.10.0

I have deleted preferences,
I have uninstalled whatever Ozone things I can find (but apparently iZOzone10AAXHook is hiding somewhere)
I have gone into HD/Library/application support/izotope and deletes Ozone folders
I have restarted

Any ideas?
Old 05-24-2023, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiannis View Post
Hey all,

I am having this problem now and could really use some help.

My Pro Tools keeps crashing when trying to load: iZOzone10AAXHook

Does anyone know where I can find this file iZOzone10AAXHook?

I am getting the "Can't get core function pointer" error.

I am running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Mac mini 2018

Pro Tools Version: 2019.10.0

I have deleted preferences,
I have uninstalled whatever Ozone things I can find (but apparently iZOzone10AAXHook is hiding somewhere)
I have gone into HD/Library/application support/izotope and deletes Ozone folders
I have restarted

Any ideas?
Okay, so I fixed it fairly quickly (but probably deleted too many things which is now a minor annoyance).

For other people who might run into this:

- On the Pro Tools loading window, at the bottom, you can see which files are currently loading. For me, I kept getting the "Can't get core function pointer" error when it was trying to load "iZOzone10AAXHook"
- I don't think it's necessary to trash preferences. If you do, first copy them to the desktop so that you can put them back later.
- Find the problematic files in HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins and then delete them. For me, it was pretty much everything from Izotope 10.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 06-10-2023, 10:57 PM

This is ridiculous. Getting the same and going through over and over again through the launch and moving plug in files out of there one at a time. Just started happening Friday to me. What's the issue? Bad RX10 update? I'm not even sure what I updated when....
Old 09-14-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiannis View Post
Okay, so I fixed it fairly quickly (but probably deleted too many things which is now a minor annoyance).

For other people who might run into this:

- On the Pro Tools loading window, at the bottom, you can see which files are currently loading. For me, I kept getting the "Can't get core function pointer" error when it was trying to load "iZOzone10AAXHook"
- I don't think it's necessary to trash preferences. If you do, first copy them to the desktop so that you can put them back later.
- Find the problematic files in HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins and then delete them. For me, it was pretty much everything from Izotope 10.

Hope this helps someone.
Thank you for this, saved my everything last night!
Old 10-16-2023, 03:21 PM

Running Mojave 10.14.6 here. Just had this problem today. After updating iZotope Dialogue Match and Vinyl plugins, Pro Tools would crash with the "can't get core function pointer" error.

Removed those two plugins and deleted the Pro Tools "Installed Plugins" cache using the ever helpful PT Prefs 2 from Pete Gates.

Back up and running now. Thanks for this thread!