Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2023, 11:14 PM

Default How to make channel strips larger

Hi all, I have just downloaded PT on a new laptop and when I bring up a session the channel strip sizes are tiny. I have tried Control+Alt+M but that only makes it smaller. On my main computer this is not happening. Any advice about how to re-size the channel strips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Fireface UCX
Old 08-01-2023, 11:47 AM

Default Re: How to make channel strips larger

Which channel strips? In the EDIT window or the MIX window?
In the EDIT window(to see a larger view for editing), you can resize the horizontal strips in multiple ways, mine being to grab the bottom edge(of the box with the name and view settings) and drag to the desired height(holding Alt while doing this will change all tracks)

In the MIX window, the usual default view shows a fairly wide strip already. Maybe you changed this to "Narrow Mix" under the View menu? That does make for too narrow for my eyesight, but there is actually an undocumented(I think) 3rd option that splits the difference. that is by using the "Fat Meter" trick. To enable this, hold "power claw"(all 3 modifier keys) and click on any track's meter. When the meter goes "Fat", the track size gets fatter than narrow, but fits more tracks on the screen than normal

If you are new to all this, youtube has many tutorials on getting started. If you really want to dive deep and become proficient, Groove3.com(paid) has lots of the best video lessons of anyone

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave