Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Export MIDI produces corrupted data. Unable to export MIDI !

Hi Everyone !
EVERY TIME I try to export MIDI the result is corrupted file. I can not figure out what's going on. I just had 2 tracks of MIDI.( Piano and strings). 4 minutes song, 128 bars, perfectly quantized for printing. I did everything by the book i.e. unmuted both tracks, selected multi track option, specified desktop as a destination, named the file. I tried that several times with different sessions. The result is ALWAYS a corrupted file, that I cannot open neither with Sibelius, nor even with Quick Time to check. Quick Time does open it, but then on a playback there is a silence, no data, no sound, and file's length is over 11 hours ! ( maximum length of a session in PT). I've tried also selecting the length of a song before exporting it as a MIDI, but it didn't help. For some reason It always defaults to the maximum length of a session ( even though my session was only 4 min. long !). PT 7.1, iMac G-5 1.8 GHz, 160 GB HD, 120GB Lacie external HD, 2GB RAM, Digi 002R, MOTU MIDI Express XT etc. I've done over 120 projects using my rig in the last 5 years or so( including two full length movie scores-full VSL orchestra). Everything works perfectly well. no problems ever, except... Export MIDI is just NOT working. Any ideas ? Please Help !!! I will need to print MIDI mockup session for live orchestra ( June 20th deadline). I just want to avoid re-performing everything from scratch in the notation program ( strings, brass, woodwinds etc.). Why can't I just export quantized MIDI tracks from PT 7.1 to be opened in Sibelius for printing ?
Chris 7514