Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-26-2019, 09:27 AM

Default Re: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program" ??

Contact UAD support. There is an issue with one of the latest updates on Windows 10 and Apollo software. I have had to change to an interim interface to continue working until I can try to roll back to an earlier Windows update or until UAD comes up with a fix. I hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:21 PM

Default Re: "Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program" ??

SOLUTION:
Yes rolling back the latest Windows Update that took place last week fixed the problem! I found someone on the UAD message board with the same setup, same problem, and same solution.

I just hope whoever's software it is that is conflicting with the latest update gets resolved before it forces another update in 30 days... (the longest you can pause it...)
Old 08-26-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awritersparadise View Post
SOLUTION:
Yes rolling back the latest Windows Update that took place last week fixed the problem! I found someone on the UAD message board with the same setup, same problem, and same solution.

I just hope whoever's software it is that is conflicting with the latest update gets resolved before it forces another update in 30 days... (the longest you can pause it...)
I apologies ahead of time if this make me look like a putz but what happens if you don't put your daw computer online? Does it refuse to work? Am I ever glad I left the Windoze ecosystem a long time ago.

QAPLA!
Old 08-27-2019, 09:51 AM

If you have Windows 10 Pro, use Group Policy Editor to permanently disable Windows Updates. Also use a backup program to image your drives. I use Macrium Reflect and image my drives nightly and before any update/upgrade/install/uninstall. Something goes south and I'm back to before that happened in about 15 to 20 minutes.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 10-03-2019, 04:55 PM

I did that once - setting it to never update - but then eventually the latest WAVES software wouldn't install without a windows update... so it became a domino update scneario which worked fine... until this latest KB4515384 Windows Update... and guess why I'm back here today to say this.. haha.. yep.. a month went by and it did the friggin' update again - and now same problem.. so I'm going to uninstall again... and just set it to stop the updates, like you said.. and hopefully either the next PT update or a future WINDOWS update can play nice together before I'm forced to update for compatibility sake of updating plugins.. Thanks again

oh - "The Weed" - do you use the free or paid version of the Macrium Reflect ?
S
Old 10-04-2019, 06:51 AM

Paid version. It has a few features the free version doesn't, like Macrium Image Guardian - protects the image against Ransomware - and emailed notification of a successful or failed image.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction