Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2014, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Revised Pricing for CPTK to PT HD Upgrades

I might just sometime. That's not THAT expensive, and if it unlocks the extra tracks and some better metering, it might be worth it to me, when I can afford it.

I stand corrected, it IS that expensive. Ah whatever, move on for now, until I find one I can afford.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:31 PM

So... new support pricing is in. Still $599 from PT 10 + CPTK. However, have Avid quietly dropped the PT10HD license to make it PT11 HD only?

http://www.avid.com/us/products/pro-...tcmp=AV-HP-S1a

EDIT - no, all good - they say PT10 HD is included in the specifications tab on the avid store. Phew.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:01 AM

Hi there,
I have a 9+10 Pro Tools Bundle License plus a Complete Production Toolkit.
I would like to upgrade to PT11HD. I can't find a physical activation card for my product around the web and the only way to upgrade seems to purchase it on the Avid Store. I live in Italy and I need a valid VAT invoice for my country. Is the Avid Store able to provide it? Or maybe does the PT10HD to PT11HD activation card work for me?
Thank you!
Fulvio
Old 11-30-2014, 04:10 AM

Hi. Avid store receipt has VAT specified and it is valid invoice in Finland. I would assume it works in Italy as well.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:40 AM

Thank you very much!
Old 11-30-2014, 05:49 AM

Prego
Old 01-25-2015, 11:51 AM

I'm sure that I'm late to dinner here but having just finally installed PT 11 and i now discover that the Complete Production Tool Kit will no longer operate in Pro Tools 11 running natively ( LE, I guess) which angers me not a little. the functionality that I paid a goodly chunk of money for and relied on to do Post for TV and Film has just been stolen from me! no compensation, no chance of maybe retaining some of the essential features... and now to add insult to this injury it appears that my muggers now want to charge me another chunk of cash to get my stuff back and i will have to also get their HD hardware? I'm sorry Avid but this is simply robbery by any other name! disgusting is about the only word i can dredge up for their behavior here. how about a little warning before accepting the money for my "upgrade" that denuded me of the essential tools of my trade?
nothing? what compensation for the hardworking independent engineer?
why should i continue giving you money only to robbed two years on down the line? please someone explain to me how this is even legal let alone morally acceptable...i will now start a search for another platform that might just actually treat its long term customers (20 years now) with a modicum of respect and maybe even a support number to actually talk or email with someone who might be able to help me/.... in short the divorce papers are being drafted unless i hear of some resolution soon.: mad:
Old 01-25-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbytubby View Post
I'm sure that I'm late to dinner here but having just finally installed PT 11 and i now discover that the Complete Production Tool Kit will no longer operate in Pro Tools 11 running natively ( LE, I guess) which angers me not a little. the functionality that I paid a goodly chunk of money for and relied on to do Post for TV and Film has just been stolen from me! no compensation, no chance of maybe retaining some of the essential features... and now to add insult to this injury it appears that my muggers now want to charge me another chunk of cash to get my stuff back and i will have to also get their HD hardware? I'm sorry Avid but this is simply robbery by any other name! disgusting is about the only word i can dredge up for their behavior here. how about a little warning before accepting the money for my "upgrade" that denuded me of the essential tools of my trade?
why should i continue giving you money only to robbed two years on down the line? please someone explain to me how this is even legal let alone morally acceptable...i will now start a search for another platform that might just actually treat its long term customers (20 years now) with a modicum of respect and maybe even a support number to actually talk or email with someone who might be able to help me/.... in short the divorce papers are being drafted unless i hear of some resolution soon.: mad:
Shame you weren't around in April of 2013 when this was announced. Some us us protested long and loud, but not enough to change Avid's direction.

The one success we had was getting the upgrade cost from PT10+CPTK to PT11HD reduced from $999 to $599, although the really cynical among us think that was probably their plan all along. Announce it high, then reduce it to what they always planned, to make it seem they were listening.

If you still have your CPTK licence you have two choices.
1) Keep it and use it with PT10 ... you have a PT10 licence bundled with your PT11 licence.
2) Surrender it, along with your PT11 licence +$599 for a Pro Tools 11HD licence, which will give you CPTK functionality in Pro Tools 10 and 11.

The other thing to consider is that if you upgrade PT+CPTK to HD, you WILL be paying HD level upgrade costs forever more. In the new support plan era we are now entering, that means $599 per year, as opposed to $199.

Another thing ... the PT11HD licence you get will be non-transferable, meaning you can't legally sell it on, and if you do just sell the iLok, the buyer won't be able to access the software to download it himself, nor will he be able to upgrade it in the future.

It's your choice!

But please realise, the ship has lng since sailed regarding CPTK. It's gone, your choices are as described above.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 01-25-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbytubby View Post
If I was living in the US, I surely would try to put together a class action law suit for this. I definitely felt robbed as probably every single CPTK owner.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''
Old 01-25-2015, 02:53 PM

Understandably disappointed as you may be, you certainly would have no legitimate basis for any kind of lawsuit.
I do recommend you upgrade to the PT 11 HD license, though, if you want to maintain your CPTK functionality.
Best to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
If I was living in the US, I surely would try to put together a class action law suit for this. I definitely felt robbed as probably every single CPTK owner.