Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2023, 08:59 AM

Default Missing AAX plugins

I have Pro Tools Studio subscription and it should include Avid Complete Plugin bundle and most of them installed with no problem, but there is missing ones like all D-Fi plugins, SansAmp, Maxim and most of the Audio Tools like Pitch II and click.... how should I be able to install them too???

Windows 11 / Pro Tools 2022.12
Old 01-10-2023, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Missing AAX plugins

I think you'll find what you're looking for in the Avid Download Center in your Avid account.
Scroll to "Avid Pro Tools plugins".
Old 01-10-2023, 10:57 AM

Thank you sir! I'll be digging from there...
Old 01-10-2023, 11:09 AM

For Windows it does not currently matter, but for Mac and potentially future Windows updates if you are on the latest Pro Tools versions you should be getting your plugins from your Avid.com My Products section not the Download Center (which contains older releases that don't always include the latest stuff).

In the My Products section find your Pro Tools product and click the down arrow to expand it. Scroll down and find the plugin installers, it will looks like this screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 11.08.05 AM.jpg (39.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2023, 02:38 AM

Thank you for all of your tips, but still i can not find SansAmp, D-Fi bundle or Maxim and Pitch II anywhere. From this other conversation I understand that they should be kind oc core plugins in Pro Tools.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411505

So should i just download Pro Tools installer to my hard drive and install it again? Do i lost all my settings if i do?
Old 01-11-2023, 03:26 AM

Oops sorry I was so busy wanting to point out the Download Center is not the place for best place for the latest stuff I missed you were talking about core plugins.

The plugins are "missing" where? Similar questions are asked by me in that thread you are referring to... which also had troubleshooting suggestions...

What is not working as expected ? Are you looking in the plugin insert menus? In the correct area? are the plugin files in the plugin folder ? Do you see the plugins load on PT startup? did you try trashing the plugin cache and restarting Pro Tools as suggested? (plugins will rescan and load slower then... do you see them load)?

No you should not be reinstalling Pro Tools, not until you do basic troubleshooting, and describe what exactly is happening.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:30 AM

Done trashing and restarting, did not help.

I mean they are not existing. Not in Pro Tools plugin menus (any of them) or in plugin folder in my hard drive with all the other plugins. And not even unused plugins folder or Audio Suite menus.

Missing ones are so far: All the D-Fi plugins, Maxim, SansAmp and Pitch II.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:08 PM

OK thanks for clarifying that. Yes these are Core Plugins in Pro Tools. And to confirm you should see these file names in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

SansAmp PSA-1.aaxplugin
Pitch II.aaxplugin
Maxim.aaxplugin
LoFi.aaxplugin
SciFi.aaxplugin
RectiFi.aaxplugin
VariFi.aaxplugin

These plugins are actually installed from The Avid Effects Setup.exe installer that run by the Pro Tools main installer. You can also run that installer separately from the uncompressed installer folder It's at INSTALLER_ROOT\Pro Tools\ISSetup Prerequisites\Avid Effect\Avid Effects Setup.exe. You should not need to uninstall anything to just run that installer.

I have a theory that the Avid Effects Setup.exe installer occasionally fails. And leaves some of the plugins not installed, and not fails in a way that you might notice. There are occasional reports, seemingly on Windows with missing plugins including some of the same ones you reported. And I think I've seen stuff there fail for me as well on Windows installs.

I'd just run that Avid Effects installer from the latest/correct version unzipped installer download. See if it puts back the missing plugins. See if you see any errors.

If that does not work... well you could try moving all the plugin files out of the folder to the Unused folder, and run the installer again. You could try running the main Pro Tools installer and let it automatically run the Effects installer, you could try running the uninstaller in Apps & Features>Avid Pro Tools, and trying the main Pro Tools installer again. Normally running that uninstaller will not remove Plugins. But if the installer is still failing you might try running the Uninstaller and then also move all the .aaxplugin files to the Unused folder and then try the full installer again.

Trashing prefs (specifically the plugin cache file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools\InstalledAAXPlugIns) only helps if the .aaxplugin files for the plugin is in the plugin folder but not showing up in Pro Tools.

Remember that .aaxplugin files are really just folders with custom icons applied to them so me careful moving stuff around/messing with stuff there. (It's simulating Macintosh .aaxplugin bundles, which are just slightly fancier folders).

Make sure your Windows setup is pretty standard, do not install Avid software anywhere except it's default location on C:

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-11-2023 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:54 PM

I'm having the same problem. I do not have those plugins listed in my Plug-Ins folder.

How do I run The Avid Effects Setup.exe? When I search for it in my C drive, nothing comes up.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:29 PM

Hi Welcome to DUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCarp14 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I do not have those plugins listed in my Plug-Ins folder.

How do I run The Avid Effects Setup.exe? When I search for it in my C drive, nothing comes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You can also run that installer separately from the uncompressed installer folder It's at INSTALLER_ROOT\Pro Tools\ISSetup Prerequisites\Avid Effect\Avid Effects Setup.exe. You should not need to uninstall anything to just run that installer.
Read what I wrote carefully. You uncompress/unzip the main Pro Tools installer then in that unzipped folder you find \Pro Tools\ISSetup Prerequisites\Avid Effect\Avid Effects Setup.exe