Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2017, 12:30 PM

Default HELP: Artist Mix Not Running Although Recognized

First off, merry Xmas to all of you who celebrate it. Those who don't might understand the joyful spirit of these holidays. Anyhow, all the best to you all. now let me get on point:

I've been lucky enough to receive an Avid Artist Mix controller for evaluation. Amazing, right? Well, no. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to figure it out. I've read all posts on the Avid related forums but no dice. I got the EuCon software to install right; the damn machine is recognised by my system; Pro Tools validates it, but once I open a project, nothing at all happens. I've tried all the tricks: Static IP, a router and direct connection to my ethernet port in my Mac Mini, the right Set Service Order, and I've run out of tricks.

I'm running Pro Tools 11 on OS X 10.9.5 on a Mac Mini late 2012. One thing I've observed is that the EuCon drivers mess up with my Bamboo drawing tablet, which serves as my multitouch mouse. I know it's not it because I also tried to make it run on my MacBook Pro late 2012, and the same thing happens (or doesn't happen, for that matter). I've also tried on Pro Tools 10 and Logic Pro X 10.1.3, nada. The vegas test shows the machine works as expected.

Any help will be appreciated.

Peace.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:31 PM

Default Re: HELP: Artist Mix Not Running Although Recognized

Did you solve this problem? I'm having the same issue and can't find any answers. I've tried everything I could find.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:05 AM

I'm in the exact same situation and would love to know if you, or anyone else, has suggestions on where to go from here?

EuCon recognizes the Avid Artist Mix, but I open Pro Tools, and absolutely nothings happens on the controller - just rectangles on the screen above each fader.

Please advise!!!

Mac Mini 2020 (M1) Monterey 12.6.7
Pro Tools Studio 2023.6
Antelope Zen Tour

Last edited by JonesyOPW; 09-09-2023 at 09:11 AM. Reason: add system specs
Old 09-10-2023, 03:44 AM

Have you enabled Eucon in Protools?
Old 09-11-2023, 05:14 AM

Yeah, that was the problem. Finally figured it out yesterday and meant to update the post here. Admittedly feeling dense about not understanding the new location for enabling EUCON since it moved out of the peripherals menu.

Thanks for the feedback.