Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2014, 12:00 PM

Default Avid Artist Mix not being recognized by any EUCON enabled application

Our Avid Artist Mix board is not being recognized by Pro Tools (version 11.2.1) or Logic X. EuControl sees the board, and it is linked under My Surfaces in EuControl. I have verified that the board is pulling a valid IP, and it is on the same subnet as the workstation it is linked to.

In Pro Tools, I have verified that Enable EUCON is checked under the Ethernet Controllers tab in the Peripherals option.

I am not sure what else to check. The board was recognized up until yesterday, and no configuration or software updates had been applied to the workstation before the EUCON enabled apps lost connectivity.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Avid Artist Mix not being recognized by any EUCON enabled application

What version of OS X are u running ? There were known issues on 10.9.4 but don't know that they were resolved or not.

How do you know it's a valid ip? How about trying a static ip just for fun?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Avid Artist Mix not being recognized by any EUCON enabled application

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
What version of OS X are u running ? There were known issues on 10.9.4 but don't know that they were resolved or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
How do you know it's a valid ip? How about trying a static ip just for fun?
Press both page buttons, it shows the IP the board picked up from the DHCP server. The IP shown is in the correct range and is on the same subnet as the workstation. I have tried a static IP, but it didn't change the issue, so I went back to the DHCP default.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:35 PM

I don't know if this will help, but I have found that some Eucon connection issues seem to be fixed by changing the IPv6 setting on the network adapter to 'local only'

Shane