Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Default The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 192k

When I try to open any of my sessions I get this message:
The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 192kHz

I have a Mac Book Pro 10.6.7 running Snow Leopard, Pro Tools 9.0.3 (was hoping the update might fix this) and an M-Audio Profire 2626 interface. All of this was working fine until one day when I tried to open a session and that message popped up. I took my MacBook up to Guitar Center where I bought the equipment/software and plugged it into their Profire 2626 and it worked fine at a sample rate of 192kHz. So, I swapped out the interface. As soon as I got home I got the message again... so the only other variable was the cable which I also replaced. This problem was going on before the new Profire 2626 and after.

I emailed avid tech support and said if the problem was confined to only one session, import the tracks from that session to a new file and go from there. Unfortunately it is not confined to one session and now when I try to record a new session I only have the option for up to 96kHz.

Under the Mac Book Pro's System Preferences I have tried changing the Input/Output to just about every option and combination that is available including switching to Profire 2626 Multichannel for in/out and Pro Tools Aggregate I/O and combinations of them.

Has anyone run into this problem or know how to fix this problem? I am sure it is a setting issue somewhere. This message pops up regardless of whether I try to run Pro Tools with my Profire 2626 turned on or off. My settings on the profire have all active inputs selected; an internal sync source; and a sample rate of 192k Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Oblivious74; 05-27-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 05-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Question Re: The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 192k

I have adjusted the settings for the system preferences, M-Audio Profire, restarted the computer, and tried to open pro tools a 20 times today... and this time it worked... and I have no idea why
Old 05-27-2011, 06:40 PM

Default Re: The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 192k

I've seen this before when I've left the ProFire control panel set to the wrong sample rate. This is particularly true with the aggregate I/O settings.

NL
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Re: The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 192k

after i get the error I close PT, change the i/o settings in system configuration, open PT, close it again, then change them back to the Profire 2626 and open PT a 3rd time it works....