Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-07-2003, 10:00 PM

Default PT6 Crashes when changing Midi track Height *&%$#%^!!

First off:
G4 867MHz 512 MB 80GB Firewire PT6.0.1 Mac OSX 10.2.6

My PT6 used to crash when adding Midi tracks or trying to select my main keyboard in the mix window, but after completing the exhaustive and most heinous troubleshooting recommendations, including reinstalling PT, my workspace was altered so that my drives weren't being recognized as recordable or playable.

After a whole lot of cursing and a short night's sleep, I was able, by no other way but the grace of God, to figure that out, but now its the Midi track height that is getting me spewed into oblivion. Specifically, when I attempt to enlarge a MIDI track height (vs. making it smaller). She crashes every time!

Anyone experienced this? How did you fix it? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

G4 867MHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB Firewire HD.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Re: PT6 Crashes when changing Midi track Height *&%$#%^!!

I fixed it!!!

I had mistakenly downloaded the DigidesignMIDIIODriver file thinking it was a necessary "generic" component, not knowing that it was for a specific IO that digi-d pimps...

I had also made the mistake of trying out the core audio driver, unaware until reading the .pdf file that it makes the 001 midi ports inactive!

While that is a cool idea, I currently need every midi port I can get so, I had previously bagged the Core Audio deal.

I did two things:
1) moved the DigidesignMIDIIODriver to the Unused Digidesign Software folder (in case I ever need it) and
2) Trashed my Core Audio Installer log.

After a restart and some PT changes to the midi options; default input device etc., I can change the sizes again and it doesn't crash when I add midi tracks to the mix window.

Now, I have learned my lesson. I will read the "readme" files that I used to foolishly ignore.

It did rename my midi devices to the peripherals that I use rather than the actual unit that is connected, i.e. Digi 001 and 2x2 Port A and B rather than XP-30 and POD and VS1680. But perhaps I can figure a way to rename those...

Hey digi: I'm available if you want to make me an offer for WEEKEND duty...

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2003, 01:53 PM

Default Re: PT6 Crashes when changing Midi track Height *&%$#%^!!

Nope!

Its jacked up again... I created a new user account finally, cause that seemed like entirely too much boochy, but it appears to work.

But are we going to have to use that new one forever or is there a way to restore the previous user account so PT doesn't crash anymore?

I suppose after posting to myself this whole damn weekend, I will somehow figure it out... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]