Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-02-2002, 04:49 PM

Default My system is maxing out! Please Help

I am running a pretty track heavy song 22 or so with plugs. 1 C4 (vocal aux insert), 1 true verb stereo (aux), some delays, and comps. etc.

A couple of says ago I was mixing the session. I tried to drop one more c4 on and BOOM too many plugs, blah blah blah. So I removed it and bounced to disk just fine.

Last night I went back to the very same session and started playing the song. BOOM too many plugs, blah blah blah. What the hell happend and how do I get back to when it worked. Does this something to do with my cache? Also, I read about turning off virtual memory. Mine is still on. If I turned it off could I stretch my plugin count a little. Any advice is welcome.

I still have automation to do and I really need a couple of more plugins without boucing down.

I am running P3 866, 512 ram, Intel 815e board. Two HD (40, 60).
Old 05-02-2002, 04:57 PM

Default Re: My system is maxing out! Please Help

make sure nothing more than explorer and systray shows up when you do a ctrl-alt-delete. well, those and PTLE. this may help a bit. you might want to also adjust your CPU usage. i think default is 65%. you could try bumping this up? make sure you're running cool too. try taking the a side off the case.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J. FO:
make sure nothing more than explorer and systray shows up when you do a ctrl-alt-delete. well, those and PTLE. this may help a bit. you might want to also adjust your CPU usage. i think default is 65%. you could try bumping this up? make sure you're running cool too. try taking the a side off the case.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...with your processor speed try to set the CPU-usage to 80% ...85 may be a problem for windows which can result in "blablabla was held of for interrupts for too long,,," errors..
Old 05-02-2002, 05:04 PM

Right now I believe I am running at 85%. There is nothing on my sytray, but I did not check the temp. I will remove the panel and see if that helps.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:07 PM

By the way...do you recommend that virtual memory be turned off? Also, I may be in idiot, but where is the buffer adjustment setting at. Are they the 1 - 5 check boxes? I just could have swarn there was another section.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by citi:
Right now I believe I am running at 85%. There is nothing on my sytray, but I did not check the temp. I will remove the panel and see if that helps.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">try to reduce to 80%
Old 05-02-2002, 05:09 PM

Quote:
By the way...do you recommend that virtual memory be turned off? Also, I may be in idiot, but where is the buffer adjustment setting at. Are they the 1 - 5 check boxes? I just could have swarn there was another section.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">turn off virtual memory and see if it helps. if it doesnt, you can always turn it back on.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:10 PM

Quote:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no need to turn off virtual memory.. if you in mix set you HWbuffer to 1024 you'll find it under Hardware-settings... not the 1-5 DAEbuffersize..
Old 05-02-2002, 05:11 PM

Okay I will lower it to 80...I did notice I am getting very slow redraws now also. Maybe by lowering it my video card will work more efficiently.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Xman:
[QBif you in mix set you HWbuffer to 1024 you'll find it under Hardware-settings... not the 1-5 DAEbuffersize..[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that's what I was looking for...thanks. I will try that when i get home.