Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 PM

Default Several Issues in 1: Registration, Installation, Xpand2

Hi all,

I am looking for some help with a few questions here. I'll break it down, but first here's my specs:
-Macbook Pro running OS10.7.5 (2.4Ghz core duo, 8 gb RAM)
-Protools LE 8.0.3 (and upgraded to 8.0.3cs)
-DIGI003 Rack

1. It started with Xpand2 losing all its presents and displaying simply "None." This is a known issue and I found several threads addressing this. I followed the instructions and located the Xpand2.big file, however once I navigated to the file it was greyed out and so I could not select it. I did not see this mentioned in any of the relevant threads.

2. I upgraded to LE 8.0.3cs, hoping the upgrade might do the trick. It did not. Same problem. So I then decided to uninstall altogether and reinstall from CD (8.0.3). Well the CD spinned forever and finally told me "Installation Failed. The Installer could not install the software." I tried several times with the same result.

3. I next decided to register on Avid so maybe they could send me a link to Protools 8.0.3 (or 8.0.3cs). I forgot I actually registered years ago and it even shows my old Mbox software (under "Lost LE Auth Code"). But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to register either my DIGI003 Rack or my Protools LE 8.0.3 software. The Registration/Activation pages on AVID.com don't accept my 003 Serial Number nor my Protools CD Authorization code...the code formats don't even look the same (which I assume is due to the Digidesign/Avid change). The Auth code worked a few years ago when I originally installed 8.0.3, so I don;t know why I can't use it to register. I see they have these Avid Support Codes, but if I can't even register my hardware and software...will they actually Support it?

I am very sad right now. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Several Issues in 1: Registration, Installation, Xpand2

UPDATE: I have registered (found the card). Now I guess I have to call them? Can't find the software available for download anywhere.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opultaM View Post
UPDATE: I have registered (found the card). Now I guess I have to call them? Can't find the software available for download anywhere.
Hi,

Software should be available for download in your Avid account.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 AM

Hi thanks for responding. I don't see the protools software available for download anywhere in the three links under "my products" on the avid "my account" page.

There are several other registered items under "view my profile details" (melodyne, torq, etc) but not protools.

There is also a "Lost protools LE authorization codes" section on the avid site, but that only lists my previous 2 versions I protools, not v8.

I have submitted a Registration Case so hopefully Monday someone will get back to me.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM

FYI, Registration Case took care of me. Hooked up 8.0.3 on Avid site so I could download. And I haven't had the Xpand2 issue since. I think maybe I was just using too many instances of Xpand2. I had like 12 going in that session. I have reduced to 4 by making use of the 4 synths per instance, and placing that instance on a stereo audio track that the MIDI tracks output to.