Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Default Another Blue Yeti!

Hi,

With a freshly installed PT10.0.1 setup on Windows 7 (specs of PC don't matter particularly for this question, but it can more than handle the software), I have a fully functioning FocusRite Scarlett 18i6 interface.

However, I also have a Blue Yeti USB condenser mic that it would be nice to be able to use. The unit has output capability as well as the input, just to be clear.

Only issue is that it doesn't get seen by PT10 - I've searched using Google, chatted with local engineers and looked through the forum search areas, but to no avail.

Simple question - can the Blue Yeti be used with PT10 on Windows, and if so, how?

Everything else about this S/W I'm finding fantastic (so far!) - It;s just that the Yeti is currently my most useful mic (in Adobe Audition, it works flawlessly).

Do please assist if you can - new to this forum, I'd like to think that someone may know the answer! (other queries were answered by the Search tool - this one wasn't!!)

Cheers people....
Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Another Blue Yeti!

*bump* - Tearing my hair out a little here. If I need to move away from the USB route and simply go down the Condenser through my FocusRite I/O unit, then fine. If not, I like the way that it sounds with my acoustic guitars, and would rather not keep popping into Audition to record those tracks. Annoying workaround....!

Won't even go down the H/W buffer size issues (512 only) with my 18i6 - Not researched it yet, and I'm sure the forum's covered that in the past....!

Please help - would be great to have a pointer...

Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 AM

I'm not so familiar with Windows 7, but does it show up as an audio device for use in other applications in windows? If not, then I would be contacting Blue regarding their driver for that device. If it does, then does it not show up as an option in your playback engine? Are you using ProTools Aggregate for your audio interface in the playback engine? If so, does it not show up in your io settings?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 AM

Hello,

You should be able to use the yeti with pTools. I would try downloading and installing ASIO4ALL , then goto the settings for ASIO4ALL and enable my microphone. Then shutdown computer plug in the mic and reboot. load pro tools and select ASIO4ALL as the playback engine.

Sean
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM

hmm. just bot yeti, pt10.whatever.latest, osx 10.6.8 core2duo macpro lt getting "Can't create..." error. Flames are common here, but if you flame this, your children will become teenagers!!!! so there full stop just looking for help.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM

full error po is: "could not create a new document because Assertion in "volume/development/ws.Ludwig/ALTURAports/views/umenu.macos.mm", line 1350". Imagine my lack of impression. Anybody help? This mic (Yeti) worked seamlessly with Reaper (anybody in PT listening?).
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 PM

PS: not particularly happy with Ludwig, whoever she is...
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 AM

Angry Re: Another Blue Yeti!

*bump* Update from Blue: they don't claim Yeti to work with protools. Suggested record in Audacity, export files to PT for editing...