Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-01-2021, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
This offer gives you HEAT and CPB subscriptions for the time you have active support and update plan. If you let it expire, HEAT and CPB go away, unless you have perpetual license for them as well.

But yes, in your case your only gift would be HEAT subscription bundled in with renewal price. It still does not take your perpetual CPB license away, and should you like you can buy perpetual HEAT license any day.
Thanks v much. I explained myself badly - I've always had CPB but only because my support is active. I don't have a perpetual license for it.

Just updated - always fun, that - I have a Heat PDF but no Heat plugin. May take a few days I guess.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-01-2021, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

You only need HEAT license, it is installed as system plugin automatically.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
You only need HEAT license, it is installed as system plugin automatically.
Ah thank you - and there it is in my iLok account.

Just a reminder to anyone else as I'd forgotten - you need to manually refresh the Complete Plugin Bundle on the iLok to update the sub.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-01-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
One other positive from this. Lately all deals - financial and goodies - have been for subscribers only, and I was getting a little nervous that that this might suggest that they might be wanting to wind down perpetual altogether. This bone - modest sized that it is - suggests that is less likely.
Another suggestion that perpetual licenses are going to be around longer is the recent release of reinstatement licenses available for lapsed perpetual users. See the link:

https://www.avid.com/special-offers/...nt-2021-pt-sib

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3

Last edited by jeffro; 12-01-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Replies about the "Get Current" Upgrade moved to https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418016
Old 12-01-2021, 04:02 PM

Just a heads up.... It looks like if you have an active plan then you should be good. I renewed my Ultimate perpetual license back in July. I saw this thread and sent CS (licensing not tech support) an email yesterday asking if HEAT was included in my plan. Today I received an email stating that it was and it was deposited in my ilok account.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:12 PM

We have been rolling these into the Software Updates + Support Plans for Pro Tools & Pro Tools Ultimate (the latter already had the plug-in bundle). If you have a current Plan and are not seeing these please start a case to provide your account info or System ID.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Jeffro - what happens if we already have overlapping plugin bundle subscriptions. Will Avid automatically not renew those?
Old 12-01-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Jeffro - what happens if we already have overlapping plugin bundle subscriptions. Will Avid automatically not renew those?
Help Us Help You
Old 12-02-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Would like to get more info including System ID so will start a case...
Old 12-03-2021, 08:31 AM

I submitted a case with CS last night. got response via email & links from them this morning. thank you Avid...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...