How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2012, 01:06 AM

Default Pro Tools 10 on Mountain Lion HELP INSTALLING

Hi guys.
Just joined this forum as I am desperate for some help.

I had an mbox2 with PT 7 and everything worked great. Thought it was time for an update so I bought a new Macbook Pro (osx 10.8), 2.9GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3. (im pretty [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] with computers and dont know what half this means but thought i'd better give as much info as possible).

Also bought a new Mbox3 with PT9 and free upgrade to PT10.

So I loaded PT9 on and it didnt work (as I expected) - so I went to get the free download of PT 10.3.2.

I downloaded the installer last night and clicked on it this morning and it says "the following disks could not be opened.... Installer not recognized".

Spewing!! Ive been trying to search for answers online but am finding nothing!! Can anyone let me know what I should do???? IS there anyway to get this to work??? Or should I get rid of mountain lion and try installing snow leopard????

As I mentioned Im pretty useless at computers. Thought I was making a good choice upgrading my gear- but just seems to be nothing but problems!! Im over it. Just want to do some recording.

Any advice is very welcome. Thanks in advance