Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 06-15-2022, 09:14 AM

Default Included Plugins?

Greetings, All!

I'm using protools artist and I picked up a couple of presets and found that it required BF-76, Eleven Lite, and Maxim which was not in my artist package. I can't find that anywhere to download and am wondering if that's no longer included in Protools and I just got an old preset or if I need to upgrade to Studio to get the right plugins.

Many thanks for your expertise!

Last edited by Dr_Rat; 06-15-2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Included Plugins?

Welcome to the community.

You can find the list of what's included at avid.com/pro-tools/whats-included-artist and avid.com/pro-tools/whats-included-studio - hope that helps!
Old 06-15-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community.

You can find the list of what's included at avid.com/pro-tools/whats-included-artist and avid.com/pro-tools/whats-included-studio - hope that helps!
Right, I noticed that, of all of the plugins listed, BF-76 and Eleven Lite, for example, are still there, but no longer blue and "clickable." They're on both lists, but not highlighted.

Does this mean that they're no longer there/supported? After all, those two plugins are on the list for "included" on the Artist list, but not blue and clickable, and I didn't get them.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:48 AM

BF-76, Eleven Lite and Maxim are core plug-ins, and should be installed by the main PT installer.

Are you getting an error when launching PT or when opening a session that uses them?

Your sig shows Windows, so please check C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins and let us know if they are there or not.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
BF-76, Eleven Lite and Maxim are core plug-ins, and should be installed by the main PT installer.

Are you getting an error when launching PT or when opening a session that uses them?

Your sig shows Windows, so please check C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins and let us know if they are there or not.
Not an error message per se, but I get a notice that the plugin is missing and am asked if I woudl like to go online to retrieve the plugin. Of course, I click "yes" and nothing happens.

I'm away from that comptuer at the moment, but when I'm back this afternoon, I'll check the folders you note and be sure to let you know. Many thanks for your help and expertise!
Old 06-15-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rat View Post
BF-76, Eleven Lite, and Maxim
edit: oops as Jeffro said, these are all Core plugin so you don't even need to install any of the Complete Plugin Bundle or other packages to get them.

How exactly are you determining the plugins are not installed? Are those .aaxplugin files in the plugin folder? If so start by trashing prefs. (Read under "Help us help you" up the top of the DUC web page).
Old 06-15-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
.....please check C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins and let us know if they are there or not.
Okay, so I went to the folders you noted and, indeed, those plugins were not in the folder with the other plugins. I wonder, then, if I somehow got an incomplete download? How do I rectify this?

Am I going to have to reinstall the whole shebang?
Old 06-20-2022, 12:15 PM

They are installed by the Avid Effects installer which is in the main PT installer. You can search for Avid Effects Setup within the expanded Pro Tools (installer) folder and run that, making sure to enable the plugins you want installed/kept.