Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Default Neverending problems PT10.3.7 installation on Mountain Lion

Hi,

I'm facing big issues since I want to install PT10.3.7 on my new iMac. Here is the story.

I used Migration Assistant to transfert data from an iMac Snow Leopard where PT10.0.0 were installed to a brand new iMac Mountain Lion. I uninstalled PT10.0.0 to install v10.3.7. Installed drivers for my Digi003 rack and iLok licence manager. Updated all my plugins.

First problem I had was some Avid Virtual instruments were missing. So I installed Avid Virtual Instruments. Then Hybrid 1.6 asked for authorization (common issue) so I deleted all Hybrid files to install v1.5.2 then update it to v1.5.3 that is fully compatible with PT10.3.7. but installation was not possible because "hybrid was already installed" (?????)

PT clean uninstallation > installation

Second problem was Avid CoreAudio was not auto-launching when it supposed to (when playing VLC for example). Tried to solve it... in vain.

I had a third problem when I wanted to launch PT. I got this: "Impossible to create a document because of Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_10.3.7/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1351."

Another problem during PT installation. AudioMIDI crashed twice.

PT clean uninstallation > installation (with Midi IO drivers previously installed)

Now I opened a session and realized there is another I/O issue. My 003 is detected but I no longer have all the analog inputs/outputs.

I try to get my computer ready for three days now, hoping to get answers and help on forums. I'm tired and I don't know how to fix that. Actually, I would like to start again from migration (I mean use Migration Assistant again) but I think it'd cause more issues since the new iMac has already data??? I'm stuck, I cannot work, I don't know what to do…. I NEED HELP!

Thanks a lot!